Cold and sore throat

Rachel1509

Reaction score
Is there anything I'm allowed to take for this cold and sore throat I've got that's safe? I'm suffering so bad :( keep waking up and its getting worse then the day before!!

Help :(

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

I've had the same for last 3 days. When I wake up I feel like I have razors in my throat but after sucking on 3/4 slithers it's much better. I've not taken anything yet xx

The only I found that worked last week when my darling nephew gave me it was using a vicks melted in a bowl of steaming water with a towel over my head over the bowl!!

I got to the point I didn't care how silly I looked!! and I also drank lots of OJ

Sorry your both feeling rough xxx

hey hun

sorrry ur feeling rough and im afraid cold an flu stuff is a no no apart from paractamol which may help with the bad head :)

the only cure for the throat is a lemon with salt that is what me grandad made us have when we were all growing up and it does actually work :dance:but if u cant stomach it, try squeezing the juice into a cup, add hot water and maybe some honey if u like it (i dont) and that should do the trick :lol:

hope ur feeling better soon xxx

Strepsils and paracetamol are both ok. Try having a bath with olbas oil in. Hot drinks can make your throat feel better, but tbh dont do a great lot, as your throat is raw so drinking hot fluids can irritate it more. Hope you feel better soon x

I thought strepsils and olbas oils shouldn't be used in pregnancy?............might be wrong tho.

I thought strepsils and olbas oils shouldn't be used in pregnancy?............might be wrong tho.

I asked the doctor when I had to go to hospital if strepsils were fine, as well as my mw, and they said they're safe, the only reason there is a label on the pack is that in case any one had an adverse affect, their backs are covered. As long as you dont eat them like skittles. And if you cant use olbas oil, vicks should be fine, but i was using olbas oil when I had tonsilitis and I'm alright

Boots do a pregnacy safe cold and flu remidy don't know what its called so maybe Google it xx

Anything like lemsip is pretty pointless really, one of the doctors at the hospital where I did my work placement said they dont actually do anything for you really, other than contain paracetamol. Just be careful to check anything you take for paracetamol content, it can be easy to OD on it when you have a cold

ive just got rid of this and had it for 2 and a half weeks,
Vicks and olbas oil to unblock and clear airways, all fine during pregnancy according to my midwife and a pharmicist.
Also i drink hot lemon squash before bed made me feel better xxx

Loula - 2 and a half weeks! This saddens me :(

I keep annoying the OH by waking up every half hour to blow my nose, leaving bits of tissue everywhere! When I get up in the morning my throat is so sore and feels like I've swallowed razors!
I feel so lousy.. thanks for the tips everyone!

I hope something works :(

i know but i didnt stop and rest, which was my own fault. Everyday day off i had something was planned and couldnt get out of, i work full time 10 hours a day, Work wouldnt even send me home on my worst day and i work in operating theatres x

I hope you're feeling better? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back