Cold and flu remedies help!!

Vintageling

Reaction score
I'm dying of a cold at the moment sore throat the lot.
I normally go for Lemsip and good old lemonade and honey.
Today my OH went to get some Lemsip for me but the stupid thing has the one sweetner in that I can't have, it isn't even an ingredient I would think would be in it but thanks to the sugar tax it's in everything.
So anyone got any remedies that doesn't have sweetner in ? We have the Morrison's own capsules but they aren't that good.
Help lol proper feeling it thanks to fibromyalgia and asthma a cold is not something to just get on with as my symptoms now are always way worse and it's the first bad cold I've had in years thanks to the flu jab ( haven't been organised still trying to find a gp so haven't had my flu jab yet). :wall2:

Chopped lemons and oranges with a teaspoon of honey, boiled up in lemonade (drink it as hot as you can manage) with a couple of paracetamol is just as good, ideally day nurse as the ephedrine in it should help with your asthma. Also eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils.

Chopped lemons and oranges with a teaspoon of honey, boiled up in lemonade (drink it as hot as you can manage) with a couple of paracetamol is just as good, ideally day nurse as the ephedrine in it should help with your asthma. Also eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils.

Thanks hun can't believe the sugar tax even kills over the counter meds for me to LMAO. I'm defo going to grab some day nurse and lemonade and honey that was my grandads trick but he heated it in the microwave lol. I've been tanning the fresh orange as I'm not to keen on eating oranges ( weird I know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back