Coffee?

ISH

Reaction score
I was a coffee fiend before pregnancy and completely gave it up when TTC (don't ask, it was like giving up hard drugs or something!)

Anyway, I've started having 1 (weak) instant coffee a day recently, as I can't sleep at all and I need to keep myself awake and work during the day. Also helps to tone down my ogress appetite!

Sometimes I even have 2 coffees :oooo: Am I being a very very bad girl?

Last edited:
You can have 3 a day or at least that's what I've been told by my mw. Tbh, with this tiredness the blood of a unicorn couldn't get me going in the morning let alone a tea spoon of nescafe lol

i wouldnt say you were bad no, no worse than me anyway with my coke habit.. of the coca cola variety. x

I think I read 2 cups of instant was up to the recommended amount of 200mg a day.

I'm really struggling with this cos I LOVE my dolce gusto machine and it does proper filter coffees which have loads of caffeine in them.

I remember reading you should limit yourself to 2 cups of coffee, or 4 cups of tea a day.
I love hot drinks and tend to hit this barrier, if not occasionally go over it.

Maybe thats why my LO is so active all the time! :lol:

Aw, thanks girls, I was feeling so guilty!!

My baby is VERY active, but I know for a fact it's not because of any caffeine intake, because he was like this, if not worse, when I wasn't having any coffees/teas/etc.

I gave up all caffeine for ttc and tri1 but have had a sneaky tea or cola since Tri2.

I was really good and then developed a dr pepper habit :blush: x

I was having totally de-caff tea and coffee during 1st weeks of pregnancy but the headaches were unbearable. I only ever have max 3 cups of tea/coffee a day so in reality could have all PROPER stuff. Now I have at least my proper tea with brekkie and then if want any more during day take de-caff. No headaches :)

ive switched to decaff except for my first cuppa of the day lol, i need that to keep going and i do drink pepsi or coke but try and have less than i would of. i figured i gave up smoking cold turkey and practically stopped drinking coffee, i even cut out cola until about half way thru tri 2 so i did pretty well and im happy with that lol

I. despise. decaf. I made myself drink it somehow for a few weeks, but it tastes like mud.

Last edited:
i got a cheap asda one and it actually tastes the same as my usual cheap asda coffee lol

I have my one coffee on a Saturday a costa, and I love it. It is my treat.
But I am doing that, as I don't really drink hot drinks anymore, and I want to keep it to once a week once the baby is here.

Once the baby is here, I think I might go a bit overboard, as I've been missing it badly and I'm sure I'll be sleep deprived.

Oh damn... Breastfeeding! Forgot about that.

Yeah I was told 3 a day is fine but to remember if you are having coke or anything else that has caffiene as well to be extra carefull

Iv been using cart noire (sp) decaf and you cant tell the diff between that and normal instant coffee

then on a sat i will have a costa decaf which is also pretty yummy :)

ie stopped drinking coffee but no way im giving up tea.for centuries people have had healthy babies and drank caffeine so why all the bs now.seems every other week the WHO come out with foods drinks people cant touch and its getting beyond a joke.fizzy cafinated drinks are fair enough cause they are gonna rot your teeth and your brain i wont be touching peanut products cause im all ready allergic and i only developed that allergy in adulthood so no way im putting a baby at risk and i get the whole vit A thing.but a lot of us had tea in our bottles in the 70's and given the choice of fizzy drinks v tea i know what id pick.

I drink coffee sometimes more than I'm supposed to :-( bit I couldnt drink it for the first ten weeks as I went off it! I gave up smoking so that's a big pay on the back to me as far as I'm concerned and I drank coffee when I was carrying my daughter and she is fine and weighed a healthy 7lb 11oz at birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back