cocodamol

babyslog

Reaction score
Ladies how many a day is safe to take whilst pregnant?

I had this given by the hosp when i was diagnosed with PGP but since chucked the box and hardly taken them cos i dnt like taking tablets, spesh whilst preggy and my PGP easied through tri 2..

But im now desprate in pain with my pelvis again.. and paracetamol isnt touching it, tried that yesterday.

Took 2 cocodamol at 11am this morning and its only now just starting to ease the pain ive been getting..

So im thinking about trying to take this today and see if i can cope and hang in there till 42wks and pray i go into labour naturally still.

I no ive probs drove most of u all mad, spesh the poor july mummies on our thread. Ive moaned and moaned and moaned! its all im doing :(

But i was guna go up the hosp tonight and pleed with them to induce me earlier than sun/mon cos ive not been sleeping and can hardly move without the aches and pains causing agony.

But id this cocodamol can ease it for a few days im not going to bother going up there, cos tbh i doubt they will do sod all anyway.

I have a MW app tomorrow, spoke to her today and shes happy to do another sweep (undecided) but i think shes guna be booking induction on the phone tmz anyway so FX they will possibly say even fri or sat!???

anyway sorry for the long post, sorry for being a whinge bag.. :( xx

I just Googled it and a lot of people seem to say if they were prescribed it, it has been a lower dose. Some people have been prescribed it in later pregnancy, but others have been told not to take it in the third trimester at all. Seems the advice is quite conflicting. It might be a good idea to check with your GP as you were prescribed it a while ago.

Ohhhh great! thanks tho hun, ill give them a call now xx

called hosp, MWs sounded like she had no clue, but checked with someone in the back ground and said yeah its fine! lol

i probs will only take another 2 now before bed if i can handle it xx

oh bless you....the last weeks are hard and no one is gonna mind you moaning, lol. I really hope little Noah decides to come out and meet you very soon :)

Aaw we don't mind you having a moan Dani. You've got good reason to tbh. I'm not even overdue yet and I have days when I feel well p**ssed off lol. Hope the cocodamol works for you and you can manage to hang in there. Hugs :) xx

thanks girlys :)

Im sure he worth it all!! xxxx

I have had to take it since week 22 for sciatica. I radically reduced my dose used to take 60mg codine/1g paracetamol four times a day. At 22 weeks started taking 8mg/1g. Now in the day I take probably 1 dose of 16mg/1g at night 30mg/1g. It is perfectly safe and given out on antenatal wards not just for latent phase of labour but PGP in particular.

Thanks hun, it was the antenatal unit that gave it to me when i was diagnosed so i new it was alright. But couldnt remember how many i was allowed to take.

But it made me soo drowsy and constipated i hated taking it!
But its seemed to of helped today thank god! so i think ill stick to this if i can until labour/induction xx

Glad its helped!! Hope Noah makes an appearance soon. x

hey hun im on cocodomol for my pgp and slipped discs....just checked the box and it says its fine to take up to 8 in 24 hrs

xxx

hey hun im on cocodomol for my pgp and slipped discs....just checked the box and it says its fine to take up to 8 in 24 hrs

xxx

Aww thanks hun! they didnt even tell me on the fone the amount im allowed to take.. she sounded thick! lol xx

that's ok hun I did check my label before telling u...and i was prescribed it while pregnant so i know its fine xxx

Awwww Dani! :(
Come on Noah! Mummy needs cuddles!! Xx

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27