co -sleeping

ella

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask about this - how does it work and what precautions do you have to take? Does the baby sleep on your side or raised in the middle (my friend did it this way I think)

I co sleep with keeley when she was about 3months old... i made sure she slept on the side with the wall so she couldn't fall out i laid her on top of the duvet and put her own blanket on her.

I co sleep too with the baby in the middle of the bed and then move either side of her as an when. Ive got the cot one side and a walk space on the other. Ive still got my duvet although it just covers her legs or not at all most the time, I wouldnt recommend that though unless your a really light sleeper, I havent a choice LOL shes waking every hour at the mo!!!!!!!!

so do you boot your partner into another bed while you are co - sleeping :think: :think: - we only have one bed in the house

we co-sleep with cot like this
PICT0830.jpg

just left off the cot side

al sleeps on the outside.. the cot is tied to our bed by string..and i sleep ontop of a single duvet with a double cover on it.. and the spare cover goes under the cot matress and i feed ed on my left breast before sleep.. then right in night after he has fallen asleep he goes bk in the cot.. then next feed he is next to me and i shove my boob in.. and we both fall asleep till morning

My other half has been on the sofa now for 11 weeks :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ive got the cot in the same position as lisa, but will she get in it? will she buggary :rotfl: :rotfl:

we didnt do it until melissa was 3 months old, but when we do, we put her in the middle between us so she cant roll off the side. my boyf just sleeps on his side like normal, but i turn my pillow lengthways and sleep halfway down the bed so she dont get smothered by pillow or duvet! :lol:

From the beginning I've co-slept with Isaac (& Daddy) and he's laid wherever, either to one side or in the middle, and I've never felt the need to follow any 'precautions'. However, there is lots of advice online, and through your MW about co-sleeping, and I would just say don't do it if you've had alcohol or any abusive substances (not that I'm saying you would :hug: ) When I was in hospital and passed out from sheer tiredness, a MW put Isaac on me and left him there, I didn't even know :shock: woke hours later and he was still there, safe, and you know high those beds are and they have hard floors :|
Very best wishes, co-sleeping is lovely, I really miss him now he's in his cot, but we do nap through they day together :cheer:

George comes into our bed for a couple of hours early morning. He usually lays in the middle between me and OH. I lay him on top of the duvet if he's in his sleep suit or just under the duvet (to his hips).

Generally George sleeps in the crook of my arm so I can feel his every movement. If we nap together during the day I put a long pillow behind him to stop him rolling over.

All mine have been in my bed for the first 9months or so...then i do the cot at same height as bed thing with the side off.

I had them to my side and still managed to manouvere my boobs into postion to feed. i only did this as my ex was a piss head and i didn't trust him to roll on my precious bundle. I used on of those baby positioner things see link they are fab as they put a wee barrier between you and babe and one to the edge of the bed.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280191217540&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

i nver planned to co-sleep, but have found that Holly settles much quicker when she is in between Oh and I. We usually have her in her moses at the end of our bed, but if its been a particularly rough night will have her in between us in the mornng for a couple of hours. hve dvet low down and no pillows near her...

i co-sleep with my cat on one side and OH on the other lol :)

when the baby comes the cat will be booted out and the baby will take her place

I sleep lightly anyway , i wake up if i need to roll over and i wake if OH rolls over...he tends to roll away from me rather than towards me so im not worried about him rolling into us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back