Co-Sleeper Cribs

chattychar1990

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I’m going through my list of ‘to buys’ and getting organised as I know I will need to start ordering stuff earlier than normal due to the world going nuts.
What cribs have you all got? What are your views on them?
I like the Chico next2me dream or just the next2me crib xx

Last edited:
I've been speaking to my sister about the next to me cribs as she had one with her 2nd and said it was too big and bucky. I guess it depends how much space you have and if you want something portable. The baby she has just had she just using a moses basket and said having the next to me crib didn't really make a difference. Its changed my mind on them and will probably just get a normal moses basket. Hope that helps xx

I've been speaking to my sister about the next to me cribs as she had one with her 2nd and said it was too big and bucky. I guess it depends how much space you have and if you want something portable. The baby she has just had she just using a moses basket and said having the next to me crib didn't really make a difference. Its changed my mind on them and will probably just get a normal moses basket. Hope that helps xx
Thanks hun, we have the room so i'm not too fussed about that. I really am not a fan of moses baskets either. I have heard a lot of people buy one and not get any use out of them and they grow out of them really quickly. I like the fact the next2me last until they are 6 months. xx

I would get both a next to me and a Moses basket, next to me can be for nighttime sleeping in the bedroom and the Moses basket is handy for daytime naps which may not be in the bedroom, whether your baby will happily sleep in either though is a whole other story :D mine is nearly 12 months old and still will only sleep ON me :help::help::help:

I would get both a next to me and a Moses basket, next to me can be for nighttime sleeping in the bedroom and the Moses basket is handy for daytime naps which may not be in the bedroom, whether your baby will happily sleep in either though is a whole other story :D mine is nearly 12 months old and still will only sleep ON me :help::help::help:

My 15mo old only sleeps on me most of the time too, haha.. The clinginess seems to ramp up at 14mo, I'm sorry :rofl:

I have a next2me and loved it. I liked that I could reach baby to soothe her without even sitting up haha. Would totally recommend. Ours didn't last until 6mo though, the mattress is a bit cheap and her little head started leaving an indent in it at 4mo, so she was out of there at 5mo lol

Actually I loved my next2me so much that I put the cot right up beside my bed when she moved into it. Not as good but I could still lazily reach over to her. She's still there pressed right up against my side of the bed, which is still handy.

My 15mo old only sleeps on me most of the time too, haha.. The clinginess seems to ramp up at 14mo, I'm sorry :rofl:

Oh noooo!! don’t say that :rotfl: I need some hope lol, it is kind of cute though <3

I have a next2me and loved it. I liked that I could reach baby to soothe her without even sitting up haha. Would totally recommend. Ours didn't last until 6mo though, the mattress is a bit cheap and her little head started leaving an indent in it at 4mo, so she was out of there at 5mo lol

Actually I loved my next2me so much that I put the cot right up beside my bed when she moved into it. Not as good but I could still lazily reach over to her. She's still there pressed right up against my side of the bed, which is still handy.
Thats great, thanks @WinterWolf - Am going to order today as its on offer at the moment :)

Where have you seen it on offer hun? xx

Where have you seen it on offer hun? xx
www.online4baby.com
The colour i got was Doe Grey, there are other colour options and some colours are more expensive than the other for some strange reason.
But i got the next2me crib with 2 mattress sheets and a nightbreeze cover for £143.95 xx

So this is my fourth baby and I am 100% getting a chicco next to me. My last two boys breastfed (my first baby was express breastfed because she refused to feed from me) and they ended up co-sleeping which horrified my husband and was a constant worry to me. So I definitely see it as the answer.

I have the Stokke sleepi cot which converts from a mini to full size cot so I usually start with the mini size for the first 4-6 months then make it into the full size. That’s for upstairs. (I bought it secondhand 5 years ago and it’s still perfect). Then downstairs I have the Stokke bounce n sleep but just the sleep bit and that’s a cool little sleeping thing but not a Moses basket, I’ve always hated them for no good reason!

So this is my fourth baby and I am 100% getting a chicco next to me. My last two boys breastfed (my first baby was express breastfed because she refused to feed from me) and they ended up co-sleeping which horrified my husband and was a constant worry to me. So I definitely see it as the answer.

I have the Stokke sleepi cot which converts from a mini to full size cot so I usually start with the mini size for the first 4-6 months then make it into the full size. That’s for upstairs. (I bought it secondhand 5 years ago and it’s still perfect). Then downstairs I have the Stokke bounce n sleep but just the sleep bit and that’s a cool little sleeping thing but not a Moses basket, I’ve always hated them for no good reason!
I hate Moses baskets too Rose, and i just don't know why?! :rotfl:

This is so interesting to me. I'm definitely getting a moses basket because I love them and this is probably going to be my only baby. However I'm so intrigued by the next to me cribs too. The problem I have is not much space - the answer is probably how long is a piece of string but how long will a moses basket last? I hope to breastfeed so like the sound of the next to me cribs but I'm worried about the size of them!

This is so interesting to me. I'm definitely getting a moses basket because I love them and this is probably going to be my only baby. However I'm so intrigued by the next to me cribs too. The problem I have is not much space - the answer is probably how long is a piece of string but how long will a moses basket last? I hope to breastfeed so like the sound of the next to me cribs but I'm worried about the size of them!
Moses baskets literally last weeks hun. Obviously get one if you love them but i heard babies grow out of them very quickly xx

Moses baskets literally last weeks hun. Obviously get one if you love them but i heard babies grow out of them very quickly xx
Yeah I'll still get one, but definitely going to look into the next to me cribs! X

My DD was in her moses basket for 6 months xx

I had a dinky baby so my next to me lasted until she was 10 months! I had the dream and the only thing I didn’t like was that pull down bar. I would’ve preferred it to fit flush to the bed as I was always falling asleep half in the crib with that bar digging in my side. We had a sleepyhead to which was well worth the money!

Yeah I'll still get one, but definitely going to look into the next to me cribs! X

I got the a crib from John Lewis. Its called Anna swing crib. Its lovely. I didnt want one attached to bed and it feels like one i can have next to bed without it being attached. Its rocks as well (if you want it too) feels sturdy and very good Quality

We had a next to me and I would recommend it. I'm glad we went for that instead of a Moses basket as it lasted much longer. I know some babies do stay in a Moses basket for a while but I know my boy wouldn't have lasted anywhere near 6 months.

It's definitely a good idea to have somewhere for baby to sleep downstairs. Our pram carrycot was suitable for overnight sleeping so we put it to a lot of use in the early weeks.

I love the Next2Me crib too! I lowered one side a bit so she sleeps a bit inclined and put the pregnancy pillow around her so she doesn't slip down to the bottom.
It is a bit bulky and if you have a night stand, you have to crawl out of your bed by the foot end. However, I don't really mind. My eldest slept in there till 5 and a half months and will do the same with DD2.
In the beginning when I was trying to make her get used to the crib (it took a few weeks), I would lay her down but she would become very upset. I would try to dangle a boob into her mouth but I would often end up almost lying in there with her lol
So don't expect the baby to be able to sleep in there on their own from the beginning! They love to be close to Mum :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back