CM??

toolost101

Reaction score
hi, Af is due tomorrow, is it normal for CM to really increase, and my cervix is is, high, open and soft, sorry well TMI, but need some advice. is this a sign of pregnancy, just i've never had this Just B4 AF is due.

shelz

Hiya Shelz

Sometimes in the days before af women can get a very wet, watery discharge that can even resemble egg white. This is due to a drop in progesterone that precedes the breakdown of the womb lining.

Having said that your cervix is usually low, firm and closed right before AF - It does rise if pregnancy has been achieved but the OS will also be closed. Some women will notice their cervix rise very early in their pregnancy - Other won't until long after the pregnancy has been confirmed. I hope your AF stays away! :D

Lotsa luck

Hi Rachel,

Please dont laugh, I have been checking my cervix and I am confused.

What do you class as high and low?, what is the discharge like if you are pregnant,

very confused, :? i didnt want to lower the tone and say what mine was like but it wasnt watery. Sorry!! didnt know how to put it :oops: and I think it is high but then I dont want to say how far :oops:

where can I get this information from on the web?

Sarah

Hi Mum2beihope,
Don't be embarassed to ask that question! lol I'm just glad you did it for me! :lol: I too am very confused about cervical positions. I have been monitoring my CP and I can't really tell the difference in open and closed. I know that sounds crazy, but the times when think it should be open (like around O) it doesn't feel that much different. I have found sites that say you should be able to put your finger tip inside....I'm not sure if mine just doesn't open wide or what. But if anyone knows of a site, I too would like to hear about it. Right now I am 4 days late for AF, seem to have EWCM also, cramping in my lower stomach and my CP seems to be high, soft and open???? What does this mean?? Help!

Hiya Girls

Heres a little bit of info on Cervical Position - I've got a list of Websites on this too...will sort the links out for you.

Cervical position
During the beginning of the cycle, the menstrual bleeding, the cervix is normally low and hard and slightly open to allow the blood flow out. It feels like the tip of your nose. Most women don’t nomally check it during menstruation, simply because of the mess. After the bleeding stops the cervix remains low and hard and the os - the opening to the uterus - remains closed. This will change the closer to ovulation you approach. The cervix rises up to the top of the vagina and becomes softer and softer. At the height of ovulation the cervix feels more like your lips than your nose and the os are open to allow sperm to enter in. Sometimes the cervix seems to disappear - which, of course, it has simply become so soft it blends in with the vagina walls and rises so high that the finger cannot touch it. This is known as SHOW - soft, high, open and wet.

The time frame for this to happen varies from woman to woman. Each woman is unique and must give herself several cycles to determine when events take place. Sometimes ovulation will start to happen and the cervix will rise and soften and then ovulation will be delayed for some reason. You may notice that the cervix seems to see-saw at different points - but in acquainting yourself with all your fertile signs - you learn how to recognize each one of them.

Once ovulation occurs the cervix drops to low and firm - once again feeling like the tip of your nose. And the os become tightly closed. (The os in a woman who has given birth vaginally will feel more open at all times because of the stretching that occurred at the birth of her baby.) This can happen right away after ovulation to several hours to several days. Again, each woman is unique and needs to find these things out over a several month time frame.

When pregnancy occurs, the cervix will rise up and become soft, yet the os will remain tightly closed. This occurs at different times in different women. Some women may find that twelve days after ovulation their cervix will do this and is a probable pregnancy sign. Others won’t experience this until well after the pregnancy has been confirmed.

When checking the cervix - use caution - always clean your hands and try not to do this too often - the cervix can sometimes become easily irritated. If you don’t feel comfortable charting this sign, then don’t do it. And give yourself a month or two to acquaint yourself with the different changes the cervix goes through during the cycle.

Hope this helps

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for this information

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member