CM - when do you get ewcm?

Lottie Tobe

Reaction score
Hi All,
Got a question about cm....I'm over analysing here. When you you usually get ewcm...a day or two before o?

Do you get cm (not ewcm) early in your cycle?

I ask as I'm on cd11 and very little cm....i ususally have some more non fertile cm by now. Although due to longer cycle than usual last month not sure if ovulation due around cd14 or cd17

Drinking lots to try to help

I get ewcm about 3-4 days before I ov. Usually by ov day I don't have any. Both before and after I usually get watery cm, that tends to dry up as AF approaches.

Does the amount of cm you produced each month vary?

I came off the pill in October after 11 years on it and that month it was very thick (a bit shocked as couldn't remember having any before)....since then it seems less and less each month

Been reading up a lot and it's pretty vital stuff isn't it?!

Yes mine varies loads but I think that is related to my pcos and hormone imbalance. If you don't get much fertile cm you can use either preseed/conceive plus etc to help instead. I would guess your body is still adjusting to coming off the pill and will settle into a noticeable pattern soon :)

I'm usually pretty ahem 'dry' up until about CD9/10 then I start getting ewcm and ovulate 2 days later. After ovulation there's no pattern to it! Some months I have loads of ewcm and can have it for 5 days, other months its not as much and I get it for 3 days. It is very vital though as far as I know! I still use a fertile friendly lube like C+ or preseed anyway just for good measure :) xx

So sounds like everyone is different and it varys even for the same woman cycle to cycle.

I'm desperately trying to work out when I will ovulate....feel like my body isn't giving any signals. Negative opk and high fertility flashing smileys on clear blue digi opk (after what I believe to be a false peak on cd7 with a different reader). It's all a bit frustrating

I don't get many clues from EWCM - seem to get it on and off throughout the month and honestly after two years I'm still not sure I can tell the difference between EWCM and semen. Have you tried temping to get a better idea of when you ov? Won't help you before ov but at least afterwards you'll know and you might start to see a pattern.

If you wipe on a bit of toilet roll, semen will be absorbed and ewcm will stay sitting on the surface. I can't however tell the difference between semen and watery cm most of the time so it does make tracking cm tricky at times.

I do often get a little bit of ewcm a few days before af, which is just random...

I am all over the place I can't seem to find a pattern got a positive today on OPK and had both lotion type Cm and EWCM! I had it at day 10!

Does drinking lots make better EWCM?! I don't drink much. I don't really know how much EWCM your supposed to have but I don't feel I have much. Xx

Apparently drinking fluids can help. Also heard a glass of grapefruit juice a day may help

A bit of a gross question....but while we are discussing cm I thought I would just ask....

Does anyone ever notice cm after a bowel movement?

Noticed this after posting yesterday (but didn't see much cm - just sticky rather than watery in the morning - from vaginal area) should I note it on my chart? Could this indicate o is on the way? Having flashing smiley CB digi but negative normal opks (boots)

Starting charting this month and still getting used to it

How long are your cycles? Mine were a bit iffy - between 28 & 35 days, but usually 30-31. And usually I would have EWCM from cd17 to cd20. I'm not 100% when I ov'ed but I'm guessing cd 20 x

I get loads in my 2ww... so mine tells me nothing other than I think my hormones are a bit imbalanced! I use sperm friendly lubr when we dtd in my fertile window, so I don't have to rely on cm too much.

A bit of a gross question....but while we are discussing cm I thought I would just ask....

Does anyone ever notice cm after a bowel movement?

Noticed this after posting yesterday (but didn't see much cm - just sticky rather than watery in the morning - from vaginal area) should I note it on my chart? Could this indicate o is on the way? Having flashing smiley CB digi but negative normal opks (boots)

Starting charting this month and still getting used to it

You're much more likely to see extra cm (especially ewcm) after a bowel movement as you inadvertently push it out of the cervix at the same time :lol: xx

My cycles have been 28, 28, 28, and 31 (not long been off pill). Was disappointed with 31 day cycle - was so hopeful.
Now I'm confused when I'm likely to o. Not sure if will be around cd 14 or cd17

Seems to be tracking cm is important to work it out (starting not to trust opk) but I'm also like some of you, in that I've noticed it late in cycle, just before af.

I wish there was an easier way to know! Why can't women b constantly fertile like men?!!!

Sorry another question....finally getting what I think is ewcm...however opks say negative. Is that normal? Should I expect a positive in a few days? Sorry still new to using opk x

Perfectly normal to not be positive at the moment. Mine usually starts 2-3 days before actually getting a positive ovulation test. Keep on testing, I'm sure it'll be positive soon :) xx

Yeah your EWCM is the start of your fertile window, so a negative OPK is totally fine. If you have EWCM you should get a Positive OPK in a couple days .... FX for you :)

Thanks everyone for your replies. Im now officially obsessed with cm! After initially starting the thread I got some ewcm yesterday. But today I can't see any. ..keep checking every time I go to the bathroom. Im hoping more will come. But my question is, is this normal? Just one day...I heard it decreases in age but im only 29. I would have thought I would have more today? ??

Getting high fertility on cb digi opk but negative on normal boots ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back