CM - what is a normal amount (will try not to make this too gross!)

Sunflower1

Reaction score
Okay, I've looked this up online but all I can find is people talking about 'abundant' CM. I've no clue what that means. I get it for about a week, but it's not there every time I check. I notice it maybe once or twice a day when I go to the loo. It's totally the right consistency (yay!) but I'm concerned there isn't enough of it or it's not constant. I can't bring myself to do the full cervix check.

I'm keen to try Preseed as we've been trying for 3 months but my husband doesn't want to complicate things. I am upping my vitamin C and water as I read that helps. Is there anything else that you guys find helps increase the quantity and how important is it that it is 'abundant'?:)

Thanks!

You mean the ewcm?
I had never really noticed until we started ttc. When I would go to the bathroom, a whole string like 2cm would hang out (tmi i know!) But that only happens in my fertile days.

Yes I mean the ewcm. I don't get it like that. I'm wondering if it's age as I'm 40.

I only notice it every so often and it's not a lot, and also never coincides with positive opk! I've gotten pregnant 3 times without it or preseed or anything so I wouldn't worry too much. If you think about it, surely the 'wetness' that occurs naturally when your DTD should do the same job as ewcm?!

I think it differs from woman to woman... I never really saw it as I do now.
Have you ever seen it before?

Mine isn't constant. I think it's ok not to be. I never used to get any ewcm so I'm just happy I see it! :) xx

Sorry if tmi but I only really notice ewcm when I have had a poop :shock:

Supposedly because you push down it pushes some out from the cervix area xx

Thanks for your replies...feel more reassured. I never noticed it in my 20s or early 30s. Had quite a lot a few years ago when we weren't trying. Good to hear you can get pregnant without it. What really freaked me out was reading that the normal ph of the vagina kills sperm...I just think why???!! What a stupid design.

Still trying to improve it this month with more water and more vitamin C.

Well, if we were fertile 100% all of the time, the world would be overrun lol
It's a bit of a natural contraceptive I guess ;)

Hi ladies! We are starting to ttc number 2 this month! Yay! I haven't been on the forum since my 1st was born in 2014... The first time round I took evening primrose oil to help increase my ewcm and it made a big difference for me, you should only take it from CD1 until ovulation, not after ov. Also drinking lots of grapefruit juice helps (not from concentrate), here is a wee link to explain about EPO and CM :)

http://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-evening-primrose-oil.html

Just thought I'd add an update. I drank tons of water and ate lots of vitamin C rich food like cauliflower and red cabbage the week before ovulation and had noticeably more mucus this month. But everything happened a few days earlier than normal so don't know if it also sped things up.

My EWCM varied from cycle to cycle, sometimes I had loads, others it was just a blob or two.

Mine isn't consistent either, i usually notice more of an evening. Something when I've been to the loo like cockermom said I usually get the stringy thing lol.
I think it's ok though, cos it's up in your cervix, it's just not coming out, right? Lol x

Hi ladies, Its very interesting reading this, I dont always get (noticable) EWCM, I have had the stringy thing a couple of months ago which i got v excited about lol!! EPO defo helps as does drinking tons of water, also i try cut down on dairy esp milk leading up to OV as I was told this can dry up CM!

Also, I highly reccomend fertile lubricant! I have pretty much used every brand out there and it does work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back