CM Question

Sarah L

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just wanted to ask a yucky CM question. I had EW CM around day 14, but then didn't B/D until days 16 and 17. Does anyone know how long the egg survives after ovulation and did I leave it too late? I've been ttc for five months and I'm starting to think that I'm leaving it too late each month as I've been concentrating on days 14-18 as I think that's how I got pg with my son. Now I'm not so sure when I ovulate as I seem to get EWCM at different times each month, i.e last month it was around day 16, but this month I noticed it as I said around days 13 and 14. Do you think the trick is to BD earlier in the month rather than later - how long can sperm survive?

Thanks

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Once you ovulate, the egg is viable for around 24 hours, wheras sperm can survive for up to three days post BD. To ensure 'fresh sperm' meet 'fresh egg' (and therby maximise your chances of sucessful conception) try to BD 12 to 24 hours before you ovulate so that the sperm are lining your tubes ready to meet the egg. EWCM is a good sign that you are about to ovulate, so next time you see it, BD all you can ! :wink:

Good luck!

Tamaryn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back