CM confusion

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
I'm keeping a close eye on my CM this cycle. I'm CD11 today and normally get a positive OPK around CD18. This month I'm taking Agnus Castus so I'm hoping to OV a little earlier (normally what happens when I take it.)

Today I've had a little bit of watery/egg white CM so I've done an OPK which was negative as I expected it to be this early in my cycle. Just wondering what is more accurate in terms of determining how fertile I might be? The neg OPK or the CM? According to Fertility Friend (based on the CM) I'm fertile but my OPK is saying different!

HELP!

I start getting EWCM about CD8 then ovulate around CD12. So could be you're in your fertile week and you'll ovulate within the next 5 days? I'd start BD'ing every second day now if you haven't started already xx

Thanks Mrs :)
That's my plan, we're following SMEP but due to illness I've started on CD9 (hope that doesn't scupper me entirely!)

I'm sure it won't. Some people don't do it on the odd days and go for the even ones instead because it suits :) Good luck xx

My cm fully confuses me. I seem to have had ewcm for 6 or 7 days now. On CD 15 just now. Supposedly ov day 12 but don't know for sure as not monitoring bbt. TTC baby number 2 is proving to be tricky as my husband ( he works away) is away when I'm fertile. We do bd morning he leaves in the hope his swimmers last. Long shot I know but all we can do for now. Doesn't help that I was on 26 day cycle which was helping us out w getting closer each month to dh being home at right time but then last month I was 4 days late ( bpn) aaarrgghhhhh!

We tend to get EWCM in the days leading up to ovulation, so you are still fertile as sperm can survive in the EWCM for days. If your OPK is negative, then you are not ovulating yet, but it will happen soon if you are getting EWCM.

Once you have ovulated, your CM will dry up quite quickly.

Piglets Mama, do you take angus castus every cycle ? I was wondering when go off it do your cycles go back to their original length or remain shorter? Thanks

Piglets Mama, do you take angus castus every cycle ? I was wondering when go off it do your cycles go back to their original length or remain shorter? Thanks

I only take it when I'm TTC; both times it's shortened my cycle but I've got pregnant and then obvs periods have stopped, then started again after baby. This month I'm not sure if I'm OV-ing any earlier yet. I normally OV on CD18, I'm CD14 and haven't had a positive OPK yet so we'll see if it's any earlier in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back