clutching at straws?

paulaws

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering how much of a temp rise occured if you were pregnant.Af due on 28th but got really dore boobs and temp seems to be up a bit. I don't know if this is a sign or i am getting my hopes up for nothing, have been ttc for nearly a year now with no success, perhaps i am clutching at straws, would really appreciate other peoples opinions or thoughts.
Iam really trying toresist doing a test because i don't want to spend christmas being really disappointed.

Baby dust to everyone ttc and Merry Christmas!x

Hello, I am not too good on temp rises as I have never really taken any notice myself. But I do know there are a few girls on here that have done it. But I am sure a temperature rise is a sign you may have conceived especially if they stay up, probably one degrees higher than normal I think. I could be wrong and no doubt someone will be able to tell you otherwise. It all depends on your cycle length too.
If you have 6 days to go till AF arrives then I would wait until day 24 or 26 and thats if you use an early detection test which tests 4 days before AF due. I think First Response is the best.
I actually found out I was pregnant last week, so I am 5 weeks today. The only thing I thought that was different this month was that my boobs were really sore like yours and I kept getting quite hot like I had a temperature, so if I had of temped this month my temperature would of definately of been up.
Im sorry I cant be much help.
I pray this is the month for you.
Merry Christmas to you and your OH.
All my love Jacqui. x x x x

Hi Jaqui,
Thanks for the quick response, Congratulations on your pregnancy, is it your first baby?
I guess I am just going to have to be patient and wait till next week, don't think it is a good idea to test on Christmas Day!!!
Hope you are feeling o.K. I know from my first pregnancy the first few weeks can be horrible, although hopefully you are one of the lucky ones who feel on top of the world.
Paula. X

hi my af is due on the 28th aswell and like you i been trying for a year. i do not chart temps or anything but it is a sign if your temps have stayed high. when are you going to test? my left boob is sore but like you i think im clutching at straws! i would love to do test xmas day but if negative i will be so dissapointed all day then i will make excuses like i tested to early and go through the whole testing thing again on the 28th!

let me know how you get on im going to try and wait but if im honest i will do test tommorrow and again on 28th if negative! i just to impaitent.

good luck and have a lovely xmas
x
x

Hi sarah,
Just want to wish you good luck for your testing day,you never know you might be lucky. Let me know how you go on, i will do the same.
Hope you have a good christmas no matter what!
Paulax

Hi Paula

Have you been charting your temps for the whole month? If they stay high for 18 days past ovulation (which you can spot by first surge upwards in temp) then it's a sure sign you are PG.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back