Cluster feeding at 9 weeks

mirime

Reaction score
ds was 9 weeks yesterday and has started feeding constantly in the evenings over the last week. Never really did while he was younger.

It's exhausting, how long is it likely to go on for?

Didn't get to finish my post as he wanted to feed again!

He doesn't seem happy with the situation either so some feeds are very fraught, with him getting upset and being very on and off, gulping, obviously swallowing air and getting more upset.

Inbetween all this he's as lovely as he's always been, but I am a bit worn out and getting sore.

Hi, all three of mine have been evening cluster feeders too. Does he then give you a good few hours once you go to bed?

I found that this did last a while this last one till about 4months but I put up with it because she then slept for a good 6 hours when I went to bed around 10 -10 30 at night!

Stick with it I know it is exhausting, stick your favourite telly programme on and get some snacks and go for it.

If you are getting really sore, I did 24 hours of expressing and bottle feeding which just gave enough of a break for the lansinoh to give some healing and after that was ok. Don't be afraid to do this, at 9 weeks it won't hurt your feeding.

Be good to yourself, I promise it doesn't last forever.

Boaz

He feeds either at 11 or midnight and then he sleeps until 4 or 5, sometimes 6 or 7 then he has a short feed of 5 or 6 minutes and goes back to sleep.

I think it's his seeming distress about feeding more than anything else which I don't like - trying to cry & feed, pulling away while still latched on (ouch!) and then he'll suddenly switch to feeding happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back