Clothes for tall babies?

littlemonkey

Reaction score
Has anyone found any particular baby clothes to be more generous length ways? My son is three months old and is ready to move into 6-9 months clothes. He is about 75cm tall and nearly the same size as his cousin who is 11 months and tall for his age! I'm tired of clothes only lasting him 8 weeks at best. It's not even like I can cut the feet out his baby grows, cos they'll still be too short in the body and sleeves!

My little man is beginning to get quite long and I've found that mamas and papas baby grows are quite generous in leg length. They seem to last him longer than any where else. Even better I u can go online and get it from one of their outlets? Xxx

My LO is the same, I found marks & spencer stuff to be quite long xxxxx

Sainsburys, and type 'vest extenders' into amazon. £5 for 3 - I find them brilliant!

I feel your pain Amelie is the same.
She was in 6-9 clothes at 3 m also never mind the sleeping bags, carry cot, car seat and Moses basket...tall baby's are quite troublesome lol. I had to put her in the stroller at 13 or so weeks as she wouldn't fit the carrycot anymore :wall:
Now at 9 m she has 12-18 tops and 2 y bottoms
But they slow down eventually so she stayed 3-4 m in the 9-12 clothes and hopefully we will stay in this size now at least 6 m me hopes ha ha.
Tha is God I didn't stock up in clothes as the sizes wouldn't have match the seasons any more.

Try PJ's instead of sleepsuits. Separates instead of daytime baby-grows?

Also H&M do footless baby-grows (may not be too much use for you though - James just has long legs!)

xxxxxxxx

I feel your pain Amelie is the same.
She was in 6-9 clothes at 3 m also never mind the sleeping bags, carry cot, car seat and Moses basket...tall baby's are quite troublesome lol. I had to put her in the stroller at 13 or so weeks as she wouldn't fit the carrycot anymore :wall:
Now at 9 m she has 12-18 tops and 2 y bottoms
But they slow down eventually so she stayed 3-4 m in the 9-12 clothes and hopefully we will stay in this size now at least 6 m me hopes ha ha.
Tha is God I didn't stock up in clothes as the sizes wouldn't have match the seasons any more.

God, tell me about it! I reckon his car seat will last him until he's five months at a push. He decided he didn't like the carry cot at 8 weeks, which I think was cos it was getting small for him. He's been in his cot bed about a month and I'm so glad we got it rather than a cot because he's halfway up it already!

I got him stuff from primark today in size 9-12m!!!!!! At £2 for a pair of joggers I don't mind if they don't last!

I have no idea why he's so tall, I'm only 5'1"!!

Is his Daddy tall???

James is the same height and weight as his cousin who is 13 months (she is a dinky child though, so between her being small for her age and James being quite long for his age they look very similar lol)

xxxxxxx

Is his Daddy tall???

James is the same height and weight as his cousin who is 13 months (she is a dinky child though, so between her being small for her age and James being quite long for his age they look very similar lol)

xxxxxxx

Not really, about 5'10". My sister's boy is also tall, she's as small as me but his dad is 6'6"!

Maybe it's just some latent gene for males in our family? He's also a red head, which goes back about three generations in my dad's family. It's mad how we have all this stuff hidden in us without us ever knowing!

My LO takes after daddy deffo! I'm 5ft5 OH is 6ft3 with red hair so we also have a wee lanky ginge :p

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back