Clomid, BDing before follicle tracking?

BoJangles

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here, TTC for about 3 years. I've had clomid before but with no ovulation and am now on my first cycle of clomid after ovarian drilling in June.

I have my first follicle tracking scan tomorrow, my previous cycles weren't monitored. I had a darkish (but not positive) line on an OPK today, is it ok to BD before the follicle scan? I wasn't given any guidance from the hospital on this.

I moved just at the start of our TTC journey and don't have many close friends nearby anymore and feeling a bit isolated. All I can think about it whether I will ovulate this time and obsessed with every cramp and pain but have nobody to talk to about it :( so just looking for a bit of a chat and reassurance! :lol:

I did, just made sure it was the day before. Don't think I'd do it the day of before the scan.

Feel free to talk to us about it all! I am turning in to an obsessed crazy lady with these opks! lol

Scan is tomorrow lunch time so I was thinking this evening might be ok!

My ovaries feel massive today and I'm so hoping that I will ovulate this time. The drilling was a bit unpleasant so I really hope it wasn't all for nothing!! I know from previous clomid cycles though that its so easy to get your hopes up for ovulation and then be disappointed by the 21 day bloods saying it hasn't happened, so I'm trying not to assume it will work this time, but also trying to stay positive. It's a difficult balance!

It is a difficult balance. I don't have it balanced at all! It drives you crazy. My plan is to get the 21 day bloods & then get another set when I think I ovulate (depending on OPK). Then atleast I will know whether I'm still gearing up & not doing it or whether I am actually ovulating.

If you dtd tonight that should be fine & then after the scan too!

What Sugarpop says! We dtd the night before xx

I really hope clomid is the answer for you xx

Hiya, we also dtd the night before our tracking scan. We weren't told not to but I know some people have been in case there are too many follicles. Good luck!

Had my scan and I have one big follicle on the left. She said it was 28mm and any bigger she would think it was a cyst so hoping it IS a follicle and that it releases an egg! Told us to get on it straight away! I've never knowingly ovulated before so I'm really excited!

OPK yesterday was good but I didn't think positive, but lighter today. Do you think I just missed the surge and will ovulate today?

Wow, that is big!

We had to sign a document promising not to DTD after when we had too many follicles... Didn't stick to it but I still didn't get pregnant!!!

Yeah, with the size and lack of definite surge I'm a bit worried I won't ovulate at all, but trying to stay positive

OPKs definitely lighter again today but don't feel like I've ovulated at all. Feel like the clomid hasn't worked and that the follicle is a cyst. Could the dark OPK on CD11 just be from clomid still in my system? (I took it days 2-6) am I out or should I keep doing OPKs incase I ovulate later, but if that's the case surely this follicle will be too big then?! If it even is a follicle..

I'm
So
Confused!

How much clomid are you on? They could up it for next round. Are they giving you another scan?

I wouldn't think the clomid would cause an OPK to go dark and even if it did, that was a good few days after. Maybe your body was trying to ov?

Some people never get positive OPKs btw, so it is worth bearing this in mind. Might be worth temping too next cycle as I find both give an accurate picture.

I would have thought with a follicle that big you'd have some pain when you ovulated (if you ovulated). It can take place from 12-36 hours after the positive OPK. That means if it happened, it probably should have been yesterday-ish.

If you don't have another scan booked, can you get one? They'll be able to tell for certain what's going on. Xx

No, they don't scan me again so I'll just have to wait until CD21 bloods. I did have some pains yesterday but could decide if it was just psychological because I knew it was one that side now! Thanks for replying, it helps to have people to talk about it to :)

I know how you feel. Hopefully day21 tests are good! It's so frustrating. I hate the waiting game?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back