clingy baby

NicolaY86

Reaction score
My LO is becomming very clingy. I feel like i cant move out a room without him crying. How can I get him to be able to sit in his chair while i get things done. Hes only 4 weeks old.....am i asking too much?x

It's totally normal hun. I don't think I managed to start and finish a single chore in one sitting until James was 6 weeks?

Also he could be having his first leap (check out "The Wonder Weeks" it will explain everything but babies have developmental leaps at certain ages and it makes them super clingy)

xxxxxx

Last edited:
I dunno if 4 weeks is maybe a little young. They don't have a long attention span at that age. My son is 12 weeks and will sit in his bouncer and play with things or watch me while I do bits and bobs, but he's only really happy for half an hour tops.

its totally normal, hes been inside you for 9mths the world is scary, best investment for me was a sling x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Its so frustrating. And wen he gets upset i feel i need to lift him but also dont want him getting too used to being lifted. Cant win x

You wont spoil your baby, he is sooo young. Trust me, you wont regret holding your baby but you might regret not giving him cuddles. They grow up so quickly.
My advice is get a sling

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Yea hun at 4 weeks old if he's crying, he needs you. He won't get spoilt he's too young. Chores can wait, enjoy the cuddles x

Forget about chores for the first 3 m. I always picked Amelie when she cried and she is not spoiled at all. She sleeps through the night from 4 m old and she self settles just fine.
Pick your baby and enjoy it. Get a sling or a carrier and you can move around and do things while holding your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back