Clearblue digital ovulation help!

sunshinekim

Reaction score
Hi all!

Would really appreciate some advice :)

I unfortunately miscarried at 8 weeks in mid October.

My af came back within 6 weeks and has been normal, and 2nd af turned up on 28 day cycle. Going with this logic I am thinking I'll ovulate cd14.

I had been using the one step opks but I found the results hard to interpret!

This month I've been using the clearblue digital ov tests since cd11. Now on cd16 and still no smiley face???

I am using first morning urine (as says so on the packet)

Could it be that I just ovulate later or am I doing something wrong?

So desperate to get pregnant again :(

Any advice appreciated xxx

Hi,

So sorry about your miscarriage :hug:

The cb digital took until the second month for me to work, I had a week of flashing faces and never a peak, even way past my normal ovulation date. I read up online other people saying it happened with them!

The next month I used the cheap ovulation tests again and tested twice a day from day 10 with them (I have a 26-29 day cycle). Once the test line started looking a bit darker I tested with the cb digital too. On the morning of day 15 I had a super positive ovulation test and a peak on the cb digital!

I'd probably give up with it this month and as long as you've still DTD regularly you'll be covered. Give it a try again next month maybe along with the one steps xx

Thank you for the reply :)

I'd only started testing from cd12 this month so may have missed it! Will try your suggestion next month as think I may have missed it :( do you know when is best to test with the one step and clearblue? Clearblue says fmu!

I've also got the basic clearblue ovulation where you just get a smiley face at peak, no flashing smiley, so may upgrade to the advanced one xx

Sorry I thought it was the advanced one you had. I would maybe give that a try then as it'll at least tell you when you're fertile before a peak. The one step you aren't supposed to do with fmu but I drink loads of water all day so really struggle to reduce my intake for the 4 days or so I'm testing. If that doesn't affect you then test mid afternoon and again in the evening. When you see the line getting darker then start the CB too. If I get a positive opk with fmu I'll have no water and repeat it in the afternoon to confirm it's not a false negative and it never is, I also do the CB st the same time and get a peak! It's just a bit trial and error with it hun xxx

I'll try the advanced one :) I drink a lot too but shall try and reduce on the days I'm testing.

Think I may have got my days testing wrong. I use the Ovia app and had recorded last af buthe as I put the first 2 days down as spotting, I hadn't realised that it didn't registered those days as a period - God only knows what's going on!

Thanks so much for your help xx

If you were only spotting on your first two days then they won't be classed as AF, your first day of full flow is cycle day 1. I think that's what you mean, unless I picked you up wrong?

You're welcome :) hope you get on better next month. Don't stress about opks too much, just make sure you're DTD often through your cycle and you'll be covered xx

If you were only spotting on your first two days then they won't be classed as AF, your first day of full flow is cycle day 1. I think that's what you mean, unless I picked you up wrong?

You're welcome :) hope you get on better next month. Don't stress about opks too much, just make sure you're DTD often through your cycle and you'll be covered xx

Thanks for getting back to me again :)

I now have ghe advance test will give that a go.
Af turned up today (on cd20?!?!?) So 7 days earlier than expected!!

Think my cycles are a bit up the shoot still but will start using clearblue as soon as my period finishes!

Is it definitely your period hun? Is it normal for you? Day 20 is very early xx

Oh yes definitely af!!!

Starting to think what I thought was af last month wasnt as was quite light compared to now. I am hopeful that the advanced ovulation will help - I'll start testing as soon as af finishes as I have 20 test straps!

If my last af wasn't an af my cycle would have been 42 days :( think my body is still getting back into the swing of things!

This is all so confusing!! Thank you so much for your help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back