Clear blue dual hormone ovulation test frustration!

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by CoachQueenie, Oct 23, 2016.

1. CoachQueenie

CoachQueenie Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies!

Back here because we are ttc baby number 2, on our second cycle this month and using the clear blue digital tests for the first time, they are driving me crazy! This morning I got my 9th flashing smiley...if I get another in the morning I might snap the stick in half!

My cycle is usually 27/28 days but of course last month I ended up with a 33 day cycle so I suspect I ovulated late for some reason, currently on CD16 so that's maybe what's happening again

The box said I may wish to stop testing after 9 days of flashing but I still have 6 sticks left so I think il continue and hope I get my static smiley...if I haven't gone insane by then! Has anyone else had 9+ days of flashing and still got their static smiley?

I started using ICs a few days ago just incase the digitals miss anything but all negative on them too! Can't believe I've been regular for so long and as soon as we start TTC everything goes up the left!! x

2. HKM1990

HKM1990 Active Member

Hi lovely, I am in my first month of TTC and started using the CB ovulation sticks on CD 13. I didn't get my static smiley until CD 21 so if I'd been testing from as the same time as you it would've been weeks! X

3. CoachQueenie

Thanks for the reply, this gives me hope lol! How long would your cycle normally be? xx

4. CoachQueenie

Just got my 10th flashing smiley! So fed up!

5. Eryinera

Eryinera Well-Known Member

I'm no expert on cb but I've heard the first month it rarely gives a solid whilst it learns you're personal chemistry. But not sure if that's the cb your using or not! P.S. welcome back queenie!

6. HKM1990

HKM1990 Active Member

I'm still not sure how long my cycles are as this is my first month of really tracking. Shameful that I'm 26 and don't know my own cycle length:blush:

7. Eryinera

Eryinera Well-Known Member

Hehe don't worry I don't think it's something you actively count unless you need to lol.

8. CoachQueenie

Well if that's the case that's a bit annoying Eryinera lol I'm absolutely expecting my 11th flasher in the morning! Aw well, we will just keep dtd every other day so hopefully all bases are covered, I had expected to be in the tww at this stage of the game! I'm so impatient lol thanks for the feedback xx

9. kabuk1

kabuk1 Well-Known Member

I didn't use the dual hormone one, just the 2 day one and I got frustrated as I noticed ewcm nearly about a week before my smiley. I didn't get my smiley until CD19 and ovulated on CD20. I remember getting to CD17 and getting very worried. I was using frozen sperm and it was sitting in a 12 day tank and the days were quickly counting down. I was real nervous, but it all worked out in the end.

One thing I did read is that when you get your surge later in your cycle you could ovulate as early as 12 hours after the surge, my ovulation happened the next day. It may not always be the case, but it was for me.

Best of luck!

#9 kabuk1, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  10. CoachQueenie

Oh wow! So glad it all worked out ok for you :) that's good to know about ovulation happening soon after the surge later in the cycle, i'll make sure there is always something up there waiting! Were you also temping to confirm when you ov'd? x

11. kabuk1

kabuk1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yes, I was temping. Timing is so important with the short life of frozen sperm, so I was obsessed with temping to make sure I knew when I ovulated.

12. Lulla Bell

Lulla Bell Well-Known Member

Im so crap at temping, I end up doing it when I'm half asleep because I'm too scared to move to much, then I either fall asleep with the thermometer in my mouth or forget the numbers before I log into FF!
    Haha

13. CoachQueenie

I tried temping when I was trying for my daughter, it was all over the place and i ended up giving up x

14. kabuk1

kabuk1 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty regular with the time I get up, even at the weekend, so that made it a bit easier. Because of how important the timing for me was and how expensive it could get, I had to make it priority. In the end it worked, so it was worth it. I had the occasional day where I awoke 30 mins later, but my temp didn't vary much. I kept the thermometer on my night stand, so I just rolled over and rolled back. It remembers the last temp, so if I wanted to go back to sleep, I'd just turn if off and sleep and then check it when I woke up.

I don't think it's necessary for everyone, but in my case, it made sense.

15. HKM1990

HKM1990 Active Member

Any luck with that smiley or still getting a cheeky flasher? x

16. CoachQueenie

Still that smug flasher lol sick of the sight of it!! Fair enough if I'm going to ovulate late then that can't be helped but then why did it start the flashing so early on! I did think CD8 was very early for it to start flashing! x

17. CoachQueenie

Got my 12th flashing smiley this morning, but got this there now...I don't think it's positive just yet but it must be close, feeling hopeful for my static smiley tomorrow morning! x[​IMG]

18. HKM1990

HKM1990 Active Member

Ahhh you're so close! I bet tomorrow will be your day x

19. Lulla Bell

Keep testing today, I got one like that a few days ago at 12, by 3 I had a positive :)

20. Lulla Bell

These were all within a few hours

Attached Files: