Clear Blue Digital with Dual Hormone OPK

BabyFrog

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone has used the clear blue digital OPK (the one with flashing and solid smileys) and what your thoughts were?

I'm on day 9 of flashing smileys now and getting a bit disheartened.

I started testing really early in my cycle (CD 5) as I'm just off the pill so had no idea of my cycles, CD 5 low fertility, CD 6 flashing (high fertility) and now on CD 14 still flashing!

Not sure if I could have confused it by testing so early? The flashing is supposed to show a rise in estrogen, would I have had a rise just after AF ended?

Thanks.

I used it and really thought it was good. The first month I started early too and had 9 high days but then peak. Started later the next month and had 5 high days which was better as it used less sticks!! I'd probably test a couple more times, it may just be getting used to your readings? Good luck xxx

Thanks Moomin 21.

I've bought another pack (at £30 a go I need to pick a cheaper option I think!) and I'm going to keep trying.

Not buying any more after these though (famous last words ha ha).

Do you use them at the moment?

I used them for 2 months and it seemed my cycle was regular and I was ovulating as expected. Thought I'd give them one more go but accidentally picked up the ones that only show two fertile days and I wasn't impressed at all! I missed ovulation last month and AF showed up early. This month I've ovulated early so I think I will have to keep testing for a few months again now to be sure I don't miss ovulation! They are mega expensive though so it's a pain really. Will def choose the dual ones in future though, even the high days made me feel reassured!!! Xxx

Yeah I suppose I do feel reassured that at least something is happening. I have just realised that patience isn't my strong point though. God help me in the TWW ha ha.

Good luck x

Sooo, flashy again! I've been using some cheap OPKs yesterday and today, and yesterday I had a light line, today nothing at all. Not even a shadow. I had some (not a lot) EWCM yesterday and the day before as well.

I wonder if the clear blue could have missed my surge? Keep on testing I suppose!

This stuff is so confusing. I hoped the CB would make it really simple!

I've used these twice with success both times. Currently 17 weeks pregnant with number two. It is sometimes possible for it to miss the surge if it's very short but I do know of at least one person on here who never progressed from a flashing smiley to a solid smiley and she just kept baby dancing every other day and she got her bfp so don't lose faith!

Thanks G4yle. Congrats! I hope you have a stress free and enjoyable pregnancy!

Still keeping up with the baby dancing, so hopefully I'm covered if I've missed it, and still doing the right thing if it's on its way!

I think i was about 10 or 11 days of flashing smileys when I conceived my little girl the first time. I got a flashing smiley one morning and then that afternoon after work i had the urge to poas so used an IC ov test and got a positive on it so tested again with the clearablue one and got my solid smiley. I've also still got an unused pack somewhere in the house that I bought just before i got my bfp this time that i'll be selling so keep an eye out for a post if you're looking for some more!

Ha ha thanks. I waited until I was on my last stick before I bought the second pack. Blindly hoping I wouldn't need to I suppose!

Fixed smiley! And a positive on a cheap OPK too. So excited you would think it was a positive pregnancy test ha ha!

Here's hoping I actually ovulate now!

It's such a relief to know my body is doing the right things after so long on the pill.

hi baby frog! good luck!!! just wondered how you've found the dual hormone opks as apposed to the cheapies?? x

Hi all,

Ive just tested and have a solid circle so low fertility today......

Will retest in a couple of days.

xx

Well, to be honest I think the dual hormone was a waste of money for me this month! I had 11 mornings of flashing smiles before I got my positive, so it didn't really give me the accurate advanced warning I was hoping for!

I actually did a cheapy on the afternoon after my 11th flashing day (CD 16) got a good positive, retested with the clear blue and then got my fixed smile! I suppose the clear blue was good for reassurance I had read the cheap one properly, but it was pretty clearly a positive!

I'm probably just weird though, as most people have good things to say about them and only get a couple of days of flashing smiles not 11!

Shorty77, just so you know you always get a blank the first time you use it. It takes that as your baseline for hormones and stores that info. The flashing smile is an increase in estrogen, and the fixed is a large increase in LH.

Good luck to you ladies, and I have done crazy amounts of research on clear blue dual hormone if you have any questions ha ha.

Well, to be honest I think the dual hormone was a waste of money for me this month! I had 11 mornings of flashing smiles before I got my positive, so it didn't really give me the accurate advanced warning I was hoping for!

I actually did a cheapy on the afternoon after my 11th flashing day (CD 16) got a good positive, retested with the clear blue and then got my fixed smile! I suppose the clear blue was good for reassurance I had read the cheap one properly, but it was pretty clearly a positive!

I'm probably just weird though, as most people have good things to say about them and only get a couple of days of flashing smiles not 11!

Shorty77, just so you know you always get a blank the first time you use it. It takes that as your baseline for hormones and stores that info. The flashing smile is an increase in estrogen, and the fixed is a large increase in LH.

Good luck to you ladies, and I have done crazy amounts of research on clear blue dual hormone if you have any questions ha ha.
Hi babyfrog,

No i didn't know that so thank you for letting me know. I will try again this weekend!

Hope you are well?

x

oh wow! 11 mornings - does that mean that you could be fertile if they're flashing?? until you get the positive? x

Well, the flashing is supposed to mean high fertility, because the rise is estrogen is supposed to happen a couple of days before the LH surge, so you have a bit of warning. Mine clearly rose well before my LH surge. I don't think it makes me any more or less fertile, just strange! Ha ha.

Im feeling okay, having a tiny bit of cramping on my left side which I'm hoping is OV but could be in my head! We did a BD yesterday (first day of peak) and two days before that so hoping I'm well covered if I BD again tonight!

Fingers crossed!

How are you ladies doing? How long have you been ttc?

This is what I supposed to happen... :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members