Clear blue digi..

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Sorry for the spam...

But I did a clear blue digi ans it says 1-2 it should say 2-3. This is what happened with my mcs :( I've never git a 3+... felt sick when I saw it. :(

Hey girl, so sorry for the worry, I can only imagine how you're feeling and it is so damn scary and difficult. A friend of mine who had had 14 (ugh yes 14) miscarriages in a row was pregnant and her Sufi went from2-3 DOWN to 1-2 within a couple days and she was beside herself, convinced hcg was dropping and it would be her 15th loss. Well that pregnancy resulted in a healthy baby girl. I hate those digis and think they are only good for a colossal mind f*ck.
Sending you the best vibes. Here's to a healthy little baby in there.

Aw Peanut butter I'm so sorry you're having this worry :( did you use FMU? I have to say I had the same thing with my MC so I know how stressful it is :( BUT I did a hell of a lot of Googling when mine did the same and I found hundreds of stories where people had had the same thing but baby was absolutely fine. There's a huge variation in normal HCG levels at this stage. Clear blue themselves say the 2-3 predictor is only 75% accurate. Il try to find the HCG levels it's really eye opening xxx

Last edited:
Found it! I think CB digi needs 200 mIU to show a 2-3, but from this list it shows even a level of just 18 can be perfectly normal at 5 weeks pregnant xxx

Weeks from LMP (Last Missed Period
Amount of hCG in mIU/ml or IU/l
3 weeks - 0 to 5
4 weeks - 5 to 426
5 weeks - 18 to 7,340
6 weeks - 1,080 to 56,500

Last edited:
I wonder bother with the digital Hun, it causes more worry and stress. In my last pregnancy, I couldn't get a 3+ at all. My friend told me to stop trying to get one. When I went for my 12 week scan, I was 5 days further than what I thought. I haven't even done a digital this time for that reason xx

Digis can be super inaccurate.

I got a 1-2 and a 2-3 on the same day once.

It certainly doesn't mean you'll miscarry again.

Have you considered going to the docs for bloods?

XX

Also. I drink more and pee more at night. I get better results I the afternoon than fmu. It depends on the specific gravity of your pee and mines better for pregnancy tests in the evening. x x

Lol. I think I'm earlier than I thought. I didn't use opks ( was very tired and emotional at 3 am this morning). .. but I have a 33 day cycle and can ovulate anywhere between cd 18-22. Nhs says I'd be 3 weeks going off off my 33 day cycle. (I'm getting super strong lines on 25-50miu tests tho for 3 weeks!!!) Xx
Sorry just really emotional today heh x

P butter the same thing happened to me with my miscarriages but this time my ic's havealready got really dark really quickly and I'm actually scared to use the digi in case it doesn't say what I want it to! I've skipped trying to use it for 2-3 and waiting until I'm well over 5 weeks so I'll hopefully see the 3+..... I've got an early scan booked at 6+3 which is still an age away....
I wouldn't worry (as if yea!) too much as 48 hours can make all the difference. That's what I keep telling myself. As soon as I saw the super dark,super quick I've held off testing (so far)

Our luck has to change at some point so let's try to believe it will be ok this time.

Sending hugs xx

I used a pregnancy calculator online, and it says am only 3+6. What? Well I got a super strong line on a 25miu test for only being 3+2 when i did it :/ this makes no sense. Blah. Or if i go on my predicted ovulation date which was the 13th, I'd be 4 weeks. Gonna go with that i think.
All my excitement has gone.

Last edited:
I guess then think of it as worse case you are earlier than u thought,but with super strong lines so that's great. And hopefully at the scan you'll be moved a few days forward? I'm not 100% on my dates either just going on last m period with a 29 day cycle but mine also are irregular and have been 33 days. If you are only just over 3 weeks that would explain not getting 2-3 on the digi. Try to step away from the tests for a few days Hun. Sounds like testing is causing you anxiety and that's not good. If you've seen a good line so early that's such a good sign. Try to keep that in your mind xx

Peanut you are 4 weeks ish aren't you? I didn't get 2-3 until I was well over 5 weeks (I think 5+5) and didn't see the 3 + until well over 6. The range of hcg in early pregnancy varies loads, so they aren't accurate for a lot of ladies in terms of the conception indicator, it is the bit that says pregnant that is the important bit. I do understand your panic though, I was also concerned as I had never seen one go over 1-2. I do have naturally low levels of hcg which mean they take a really long time to increase. Not helpful when you just want to know things are going in the right direction! I also got a really early positive so I thought it might increase faster, but nope.

Thanks ladies :) xx

Just in a really low mood now.
I'm supposed to go and have a tv scan at 6 weeks, but I don't want to. Don't want anything inside. So not gonna go docs for it till/If i get to 8 weeks, they should be able to do an abdominal one then right?

Trying to book into a private clinic to get my bloods done for progesterone and hcg levels. Because my docs won't send me. Even after 5 mcs, dicks.
25 quid each, but I think it's worth it. X

If you are 4 weeks then 1-2 is fine. I took one at 4 weeks and showed 1-2. My dates were exact as it was from IVF. I opened the test and looked at images on google. My line inside was more like a 2-3 line. I reckon if I had taken the following day then it would have been 2-3. I am 13 weeks now xx

I think it looks pretty good. I did my first digi at what would have been 11dpo and it was so so faint. Could barely see it. I have found an image online of digi progress. Your is nearer the 2-3 xx

RIMG0585.jpg

Got booked into a clinic. For Monday, they do the same day results which is good :) hopefully it'll be good news x

I had both types of scan at 7+3 (clomid pregnancy and I know exactly when I ovulated), they did the measurements with the internal though for a better look. I only measured 6+5 and they could see fairly clear on the external scan. I also needed the internal as I had ovulated from both sides and they needed to do a detailed check for a second potential pregnancy either in the correct place or the wrong place.

Someone on here once said you can't do anything to stop a good pregnancy progressing and you can't do anything to stop a bad one from failing. I found that really useful.

My first pregnancy reached 8 weeks with a HB. I had some spotting about middle of week 5 and went for a scan at week 6, they said everything was fine, all looked good. And told me to come back at next week, so went back at 7+5 and the found the hb was good and strong. 2 days later i miscarried. I blame the tv scan :( i found so many stories on google after saying how the miscarried after one. Thats why I'd rather not.

I like that saying, I keep trying to calm myself down saying, if you miscarry there's nothing anyone can do anyway. But it still doesn't stop the panic and stress etc.

I think if i miscarry this one, I'm going to stop trying for a while. Maybe even look into other things like adoption etc. :/ xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back