Clear Blue Advanced...

Lozzaste

Reaction score
Hi guys - I'm sure I saw a thread about the advanced opk from clear blue?
I'm on day 4 of flashing smiley - is that even normal? The packaging says no, so annoying! I prefer the non smiley and then the smiley!

I had to use a few boxes cuz I didn't get enough-I had quite a few O... Then 8 flashing smileys they af arrived so goodness knows what's went on there! I have irregular cycles/ this one being 45 days and I started testing on day 20! X

I just had a 45 day cycle too! So annoying!
I usually ovulate (I say usually - who am I kidding!) around day 18.
I like planning but clearly my body doesn't! X

It's totally normal, the first month I had 4 flashes, last month 6....this month I only have 4 sticks left and started today with a blank so when they're used up if I haven't had a solid smiley I'll use up the normal clearblue digis I have left xx

Well I'm on my first month of using them and got my 5th blank circle today so I'm not help at all but I wish you all the best for your bfp! x

I used them last month for the first time, started on cd7 and got 2 lows, then 9 flashing smiley faces before I gave up on getting the solid. Temping and cheapie opk's confirmed that I ov'd on the 6th day of flashing though.
I'm using them again and started this time on cd10, had 2 lows, 1 flashing, and got my first solid one this morning!! Will be doing a cheapie later on in the day to check.

I used them last month for the first time, started on cd7 and got 2 lows, then 9 flashing smiley faces before I gave up on getting the solid. Temping and cheapie opk's confirmed that I ov'd on the 6th day of flashing though.
I'm using them again and started this time on cd10, had 2 lows, 1 flashing, and got my first solid one this morning!! Will be doing a cheapie later on in the day to check.

Yay for the solid!!

I'm using them again this month too. I'm hoping it wont go above the 7 flashing smilies I had last month but it'll be interesting to see. Good luck to those using them for the first time x

It's as bad as the monitor! That gave me 10 days of "high" (11-21) before peak. Last month no peak ��
Oh it's so confusing! X

I must admit I did start using them as a kind of trial run for the monitor, theory being if I didn't get a high or peak reading at all then I probably wouldn't on a monitor either as they detect the same hormones. If I get on with these do you think investing in a monitor would be a good idea???

I may be biased but no, the monitor is awful in my opinion. When I've had a BFP, it's been from the smileys, god knows why I even tried the advanced! Even the cheap ones are better.
I guess it's down to the individual though as some people have had great success with the monitor, I just feel like its wasted months! X

I fear the solid may be wasted though ladies :-( hubby came home from work in a totally foul mood last night because of a union meeting so didn't even dare ask for some action! So if he's still the same tonight, I'm out this month because I won't see him again until Sunday due to opposite shifts :-(

Scn - feel your pain on that one! That's happened a few months to me too, OH has been tired/moody etc so I daren't even ask or mention the smiley. It also seems to make it worse when I mention the smiley #pressure!
This ttc business comes with a lot of added pressure that's for sure! God knows how people get pregnant "by accident"! I saw a woman on TV yesterday who had six kids by accident! Why can't that happen to me? :)

Morning ladies,
Iv always used the normal cb digital opk tests but this month I used the new advanced ones. Iv just tested and I got a solid smiley! iv had 3 days of flashing smiley faces and then today's solid.
Loz like one of the above posts said, quite a few girls have reported similar results. There is a thread further down that is pages long of chat and results.
All the best hun,
Xx

Thanks Mrs Nel :) I knew there was a thread somewhere, I couldn't find it this morning on my phone :)
Good luck this month - good news on the solid smiley :-D x

Oh Karen thats rotten I hate it wen work gets in the way of ttc. We have been victim to that the past few months.

Any chance of tonite or think it could b too late?!
Xx

Scn - weirdly, when I did get BFPs - it seems I conceived on day two of the smiley... So you never know! X

Oh Karen thats rotten I hate it wen work gets in the way of ttc. We have been victim to that the past few months.

Any chance of tonite or think it could b too late?!
Xx

I don't think it'll be too late, just don't know if he'll be in a better mood to bd because all the guys will be talking about the union meeting and impending strike action! DH is very militant so he gets very wound up about all of this stuff!!

Scn - weirdly, when I did get BFPs - it seems I conceived on day two of the smiley... So you never know! X

Yeah day two is usually ov day but I won't see him tomorrow for some action! It has to be tonight :wall2: it's so bloody frustrating x

Lay it on thick tonight - cook him a meal, put on a nice film... You know the drill :) x

This is awful but a friend of mine and I refer to it as "milking"... How bad! Hahahaha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back