classes

Gruntie2

Reaction score
i start my antenatal classes tonite... i just don't know if i'm up to it... its from 7-9pm which means i will have to go straight from working 10 hrs..... will the hosptial be p**sed off i don't show do u think... i want to see how i feel when i finish work... it would also mean not eating til afterwards as we would not have time.... ????

well... maybe go.. and see how you feel when your there..if your knackered say you dont feel very well and have to leave..personally.. i think you are working to hard at this stage of your pregnancy.. :hug: did you get any joy asking your boss if you could take mat leave early? i would seriously consider pulling a fortnight of sickys then take mat leave 2 weeks early..

i've cut my days down to 4 days a week.. see how i go doing that... if i still feel the same next week we will discuss leaving for mat leave early :) i can't pull sickies... i won't get paid for it.. had too many days off this year already... :-(

I've had two classes now from 7 to 9pm and they are hard work after being at work all day. Last night I really didn't fancy going but I thought I should because we were discussing pain relief and I wanted to learn all the breathing techniques (which we didn't even discuss in the end! :wall: )

It's the longest 2 hours of my life in that bloody hospital...especially when I've already been there every Tuesday afternoon for my blood tests...so I end up having to pay for the car park twice in one sodding day!

I only have one more class left now and even though I'm not all that impressed with them I am pleased I've been because it gave me some comfort to be taken round the delivery suite and to be told what pain relief is available at my hospital etc etc.

I enjoyed my maternity classes. So I thought them worthwhile, I did get the day off work to go tho them :wink: Every Thursday in October, I did find them informative and gave me a chance to chat to other mums-to-be.

annaespana1 said:
I enjoyed my maternity classes. So I thought them worthwhile, I did get the day off work to go tho them :wink: Every Thursday in October, I did find them informative and gave me a chance to chat to other mums-to-be.

mine are more like exercise classes first so I can see the benefit to them... it the hour long lecture after I can't see the point too... :think: I've got one tomorrow, but I don't know if I will stay for the lecture.... :think: Its a really small town and everyone seemed to know each other already, and well I felt kind odd and left out... problem is they are run by my midwife and I know she will get upset... :?

You are entitled to paid time off for anti natal classes, leave work an hour early, have a snack and see how you feel, I personally think they are good and work shouldnt get in the way if you want to go.

OH ans I went to NCT ones a couple of weeks ago which were daytime Sat and Sunday so that was good and they were really helpful.

I don't envy you going at night though. Could you stop an hour earlier so you can have a quick snack before you go?

no point stopping an hr early.. i don't drive.... have to wait for DH to drive from Manchester to pick me up.... i have brought a bagel with cream cheese for later to have before i leave work if i have time

didn't end up going last nite... not due to me though... DH got stuck in two accidents on the M6 and didn't pick me up from work til 6:40pm.... i rang the midwife running the class and she said she will fill me in next week on what went on this week...

When do you finish work? It sounds like a bit of a nightmare to be honest

Dec 21st... 3 more weeks to go.. but only 4 day weeks so not too bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back