Classes??

Redbootz

Reaction score
I have booked onto a hypnobirthing class it's costing £200. The nhs here only offer online videos to watch for antenatal classes which isn't really what I want. So my question is along side the hypnobirthing do I need to enrol into ordinary antenatal classes? It's so confusing. I don't want to do NCT as the cost would be another £200 so I hope there is a local group or something.

Wow that's rubbish. Where do you live?

My hospital do free antenatal classes and a free hypnobirthing course.

I think it depends how much you need to know about after the birth.

The antenatal classes can be quite good for actually after the baby comes (baby care & feeding etc). But you could always see if there's a local breastfeeding support group (if you're interested in breastfeeding), as they will be able to fill you in on everything you need to know. And they usually welcome pregnant mums antenatally.

The hypnobirthing course should be enough for your labour. You may want to find out more about other options (pain relief and their pros & cons, monitoring, assisted delivery etc) however some people find that too negative especially if you're planning to hypnobirth.
But, if you do want to know more about any other aspect of labour or delivery your midwife should be able to go through it with you (according to my notes they are supposed to explain & talk to you about everything relating to the delivery at between 30 & 38 weeks).

I rememember with my last baby I was given leaflets from the hospital on induction, available pain relief, what would happen if I needed a c section etc etc.

Thanks Pheonix. I live in York. I have managed to find a class which is free at a community hall which is a little way away but my concern is that it won't start till the 7th June and finish the 5th July I am due the 10th July. But it's free so I guess see how many I can attend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back