Clary Sage

playmate

Reaction score
i was just wondering how effective clary sage oil actually is. i went to my local health shop and its 7 pound for a small bottle. and i was recommended to put a couple of drops in my bath and not recommended to take before 40 wks....just wondeering if any of you have tried this and it has worked and whether u would recomend it x

clary Sage like rasberry leaf tea causes risk of miscarage during the firth 20 weeks of pregnancy as it can stimulate contractions, but you can use them at the end to start contractions. I think you can use either as they both do the same thing, and that will save you money. My midwife actually recomends taking rasberry leaf tablets from 36+ weeks as it helps condition the uterus for labour.

I have been told to stay away frm clary sage the whole time?! Lol - they must of been wrong lol.

Just found this on the web;

Oils to avoid during pregnancy:

Anise
Bay
Basil
Camphor
Caraway
Carrot
Cedarwood
Cinnamon
Clary Sage
Clove
Comfrey
Cypress
Fennel
Hyssop
Jasmine
Juniper
Marjoram
Mugwort
Myrrh
Nutmeg
Oregano
Pennyroyal
Peppermint
Rosemary
Sage
Sassafras
Tansy
Thuja
Thyme
Wintergreen
Wormwood
Yarrow

Here is the weblink; http://www.earthyfamily.com/arom-caution.htm

yeah, your supposed to avoid it because its menna help start you off in labour. and if your not near your due date then its not smart lol. thats why your not menna take it into hospital because it can start other women off in premature labour... thats whats made me think its quite effective.

Hi playmate,
I had anti-natal last night and asked the midwife about it, she recomended it at 38+ weeks in your bath along with lavender clary sage can indeed bring on contractions and lavender is soothing and relaxing. clary Sage should never be used in early pregnancy because it causes the uterus to contract and therefore can cause a miscarrage.

Never ever use that stuff. It can cause the baby to get distresssed and open it's bowels. They will be able to tell if you have taken this stuff and don't think they will be too impressed!

Strangeness said:
Never ever use that stuff. It can cause the baby to get distresssed and open it's bowels. They will be able to tell if you have taken this stuff and don't think they will be too impressed!

i thought you just put it in your bath....not take it, are you sure you're not thinking of castor oil? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back