christmas

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Loula, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

OK so as its coming upto christmas is there anything you ladies should think i should avoid.. obviosuly pates and soft cheeses anyways

How do we stand with Christmas cake that has brandy in it? Its homemade and theres not copious amounts in it..

I dont wanna seem ott xxx

2. xStarletx

xStarletx Well-Known Member

Christmas cake should be oki when it is cooking the alcohol evaporates enjoy :) x

#2 xStarletx, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  3. Maria1977

Maria1977 Well-Known Member

Yeah christmas cake should be fine.

My main 1 that I bother about don't allow myself often is tuna, just coz I worry the mercury levels might harmful to LO, but other than that I think it's just if you fancy it have it lol

xxxx

4. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

ive only had one tin of tuna since being pregnant and as long as its not more then 2 tins a week should be fine,

Sorry one more what about ferrero roche? x

5. xStarletx

I got told that too at my midwife appointment but when I read my baby book it says tinned tuna is fine eat as much as you want but only to have fresh tuna a couple of times a week at most :S x

ferrero roche should be fine als as the government is currently changing the advice given to pregnant woman about nuts they are fine as long as you have no previous allergies to nuts x

#5 xStarletx, Dec 20, 2011
  6. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

brilliant cheers ladies xxx

7. Maria1977

Maria1977 Well-Known Member

I wish I'd known that about tuna back in tri 1 when I had mad cravings for tinned tuna lol One day I opened a can and just stood in the kitchen and shovelled it in really quickly coz I wanted it so much then wished I'd rationed it haha Oh dear!

I ate crunchy nut cornflakes (tescos own brand) all through my last pregnancy and have had them alot this time too, not sure if they are proper nuts in them but yeah like said long as no previous allergies it's ok

8. babyelmo

babyelmo Well-Known Member

I didn't even think about Ferrero Rochers, i've eaten a whole box of them in the past 2 weeks!!! I'm sure nuts are ok as long as you don't have an allergy already x

9. x_larlybelle_x

x_larlybelle_x Well-Known Member

Nuts r fine as long as there is no history of nut allergy in ur family xx

10. xStarletx

Oh another I thought I'd share I was told by midwife not to eat mayonnaise apart from hellmans but pregnancy book says all mayonnaise that comes in jars is fine its homemade ones that you have to avoid.

Also if any of you have been craving soft ice-creams but have been told to avoid them by the midwife I found out that places like mcDonalds use pasteurized milk in their ice cream their machines also boil it every night so they are totally safe.love my mcDs ice cream me :dance:

Most soft ice creams that come from a machine are safe but if you are unsure ask the owner I got this information from a chef.

#10 xStarletx, Dec 20, 2011
  11. Kirsty.Y.84

Kirsty.Y.84 Well-Known Member

I have been told throughout that nuts are perfectly safe. I have eaten tuna weekly too, I was told no more than twice a week. To be honest, I'm not being massively strict, I'm having a runny yolk on Xmas day! And I ate pâté the other week too! I know they say not to but I ate pâté all the time before I was pregnant so a little bit is fine I think. :) x xp

12. aliciabubba

aliciabubba Well-Known Member

i have crunchy peanut butter on my toast every morning!

13. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

Runny yolk is fine as long as it's a fresh egg and has the red lion stamp on it :)

14. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

I've had a tuna craving so eaten loads of it. I've also eaten nuts and DH has a nut allergy. Ooops. I'm sure it will be fine though.

15. furbaby

furbaby Well-Known Member

I really want fresh pineapple but so many places on the web tell you it can cause miscarriages so I've been steering clear of it- before i was pregnant i use to eat 3 a week :(

16. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

Never knew that furbaby, I eat a pineapple every week!