Christmas Rant - Apologies

ClareBear

Reaction score
Don't ask me why but in a mad moment this morning I decided to take myself to town to buy a couple of presents....... It wasn't so bad first thing but soon became horrible, I was hot, dizzy and achy and my bags seemed to be reproducing by themselves. :x

I didn't even manage to get what I went in for but ended up with a load of junk from M&S and Boots etc, none of which I needed to get. :x :x

The worst bit was a horrible old man in Waterstones who barged into me causing a small book avalanche then looked at me all annoyed expecting me to pick it up- (btw I am massive, huge, enormous actually medically so with big baby and extra fluid etc)- and for some stupid reason I did! By this point my bags are spread sliding all over the floor meaning I needed to bend down again, my trousers have somehow worked their way down under my cold bump, my handbag is refusing to stay on my shoulder, I'm burning red and sweating cobs. When I looked at the beastly man he just avoided my gaze and carried on perusing his bloody 'Railways of England' book! I wanted to swear at him then cry but I just huffled out forgetting to buy the gift voucher I went in for! :x :x :x

Then it was the taxi rank queue and traffic home and I've walked into a house with this mornings washing up not done, clothes and shoes littering the floor and a half starved noisy cat mewling and tripping me and my 1000 bags of sh**e over. :x :x :x :x

The best part? Whilst feeding the cat, crossing my legs so's not to wet myself and kicking the bags to the corner the phone rings......... It's my merry O/H from the pub for his work drinks-sounds of Christmas music and cheery clinking of glasses behind him, telling me I was silly to go to town, he'd been back half day and wondered where I was!!!!. I swear I momentarily turned into the Grinch- Most of the gifts were for him or his family, in the hours he'd sat here pondering about my wherabouts he couldn't manage to wash a teacup and he'll be out for the night now having Christmas cheer aplenty whilst I clean and tidy up and wrap the sodding presents, sober! and alone! :x :x :x :x :x

I apologise profusely for the rant, I really do, I just had to express it somehow.

I hope that this cautionary tale might help any of you ladies make the right decision if you are thinking a small early morning shopping trip to town is a good idea, believe me-it aint.

ScroogeBear xxxxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: i attempted to get the last few bits today, lasted an hour and a half and thought stuff it :roll: went home ate a cream cake and watched Labyrinth!

:hug:

Oh good what a nightmare day...I feel for you! I can't cope with crowds at the moment, I'm in hiding over christmas :D I've been spending most my time walking the dogs in open fields and up at the stables with the horse where there is lots of open space and friendly faces :D I went shopping on Monday and some stupid idiot was trying to squeeze past me when I was standing in a queue and kept boshing into my tummy...I got so angry (and it really takes a lot for me to get worked up) and was like "for gods sake what's wrong with you I'M PREGNANT and you're HURTING ME"! she just tutted at me like I was some annoyance...aghhhhhhh :x

Ladies, it's no easier with a pram... don't even get me started on the day I've had :x

I was in town today too and people just barge you out the way- sooooo rude :x

Have a bath and chill out :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ah, I feel better now I know I'm not alone in my predicament!

Thanks for the bath idea it's about all I'm fit for now, will try to enjoy the peace and quiet :)

xcxcxcxc

leckershell said:
Ladies, it's no easier with a pram... don't even get me started on the day I've had :x

I kept thinking that today actually, although I was in a state I can't imagine feeling that knackered and pushing a bulky buggy around!

I'll save my most heartfelt sympathies for those poor ladies with a bump AND a pushchair and/or toddlers. How they manage to keep anything but a snarl on their faces I'll never know- makes me think twice about my plans for a big family, might have to wait 'til this one is big enough to help me carry the bags!!!! That is of course if Santa Claus doesn't exist.......... :D

cxcxcxccxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcxcx

:hug: :hug: aww i only popped into our small town to get 3 presents and was there for 2 hours trying to push my way through people who just stand there in ure way when they can obviously see ure pregnant and wanting to get passed!! then they move about an inch and expect you to squeeze through!!!! im doing my xmas shopping in august next year! :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back