Christmas day babies with Siblings

Yvonne

Reaction score
That title was a bit rubbish but i don't know how else to put it!

All those that have just had babies or are due anyday now that have other children...... What would you do if you went into labour christmas eve night???

I have Amy, and today with Kim going into labour 3 weeks early it got me thinking of what i would do if i went into labour tonight?
I would be devestated to miss her christmas and her opening her presents :(
I think i would pospone christmas day in our house until i got home! she is only 2 so she doesn't know the difference.

me and Jase were talking about this eariler, We had "cuddles" this morning so im praying it doesnt set anything off for tonight.

my kids are 6 and 7 but its tehre first xmas with Jase here as a family, i dont want anything to spoil that

Hi Layla,

What would you do?
I am really worried or should i say paranoid that i will go in tonight!!!
I would be so upset if Amy doesn't get the christmas i planned.

Are you having any niggles?

I've period pain again and babies movements have slowed down a bit so it could just be getting ready. :roll:

Hi,
Im not sure what I would do in your situation. I think perhaps I would postpone it. I would worry that baby 1 would think that baby 2 causes disruption to something that was expected (like christmas). Does that make sense.
Fingers crossed that your baby holds off for 24 hours.

Laura.

Yeah i understand what you are saying, the only benefit i have is that Amy is only 2 so she doesn't know it is actually christmas tomorrow so i could get away with posponing it.

Fingers crossed or should i say legs!!!

I think that Amy is still very young and doesn't really know about dates and stuff yet...so if you did go in Christmas Eve, just tell her that Christmas is the following day, or a few days late...that way you would both be happy!

Sounds awful to be lying to the poor little thing but on the off chance - and I think you will be okay hun...Amy wouldn't even remember the change next year...

*HUG*

Sue

No she wouldn't understand dates, but it would still make me feel guilty :(

Lets hope nothing happens or i go in in the middle of the day so she wonders where mummy has gone.

Oh i'm gonna cry in a minute!! Lol :lol:

Actually another thing you could do, I have seen a few of the girls in hospital do it already - the baby met Santa while he/she was on the way and has brought a surprise present with him for his lovely new older brother/sister. That's why Santa was a little late, he was talking to the baby and getting the information for next year exactly right.

Thought it was a brilliant idea*S*

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back