Choosing a GP

joan

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has any hints on how to find a new GP. I registered at the nearest surgery when I moved to the UK, but I don't really like them. Nothing wrong, just brusque and hands off. No rapport, very remote and we (my partner feels the same) feel their biggest interest is in getting us out of the office as quickly as possible. That's fine when you are in with a cold, or getting a referral, but it seems that a good trusting relationship with a GP is vital when you are pregnant. So now (before it's urgent) is the time to find a new one.

Any suggestions how to go about this? How to actually find out which GP I might like better, how to approach him/her, and how to find out if I like them (when i don't need any attention right now).

Unfortunately, the only neighbour I know with a kid uses the same surgery, and has no problem. I can't think of anyone in the area I can ask.

A GP surgery will only let you go to them if you are in their catchment area (normally, it's all to do with home visits etc). There must be other surgeries in your area that are better than this one.

Find out if there are and then just ring them and ask if you are in their area and if you are can you transfer please etc etc.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back