Choking on Saliva?

babybee

Reaction score
Hi, my daughter is 5 months old and on a few occasions in the past couple of weeks whilst in her buggy she's suddenly started choking. Normally it would last a couple of seconds and she'd be ok. This time I've had to quickly undo her straps and yank her out and pat her hard on the back and she's been ok. The only think I can think it could be is excess saliva going down the wrong way?
I'm going to see the GP tomorrow but does anyone know what it could be? I'm a little scared to leave her unattended now. I was going to put her in her own room tonight but I don't think I will!

Xxx

Not got any advice I'm afraid, but Alex used to do this all the time when he was younger and it really worried me, like your LO mostly he sorted himself out, but occasionally a pat on the back was required (although he would probably have sorted himself out on those occasions too, I just couldn't bear waiting to see if he did :oooo: ).

But thinking back I'm not sure I remember him doing it when he was asleep at night... only during the day?! Alex was still in our room anyway, but I do understand why you wouldn't want to put your LO in another room. Anyway, Alex survived and only does it very occasionally these days during massive teething bouts or when he's got a cold etc.

Hope your LO stops doing it soon, I do remember being freaked out each time. Let us know what the GP says, I'd be interested to know what they think :)

Last edited:

I don't know hun, I'm sorry.

The GP should be able to settle your worrys though, I hope.

Please come back and update for future mummies xx

I've been reading up hun because Spencer keeps doing it, because of the teething and excess slavers he's struggling with the amount he's having to swallow.

Let me know what the doc says x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Thanks ladies! I'll let you know what they say. I haven't made an appointment but hopefully they'll see me.
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back