Choked with the cold and feeling miserable!

BigsisterSoph

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm 27 weeks and have spent the past 10 days choked with the cold, can't breath out of my nose at all.
I've tried saline spray, olbas oil and the calpol plug in but nothing shifts it! I have also tried menthol crystals in hot water and putting my face over the bowl and Vicks on the soles of my feet.
Does anyone have any magical cures? I'm not managing to get a wink of sleep so I'm exhausted! Xx

High dose of vitamin C, lots of fresh fruit & veg, drink hot water with honey, lemon and ginger in it (fresh ginger pour boiling water over it and leave a bit to 'stew') And spicy food can help clear sinuses so you could try eating curry or adding chili or other spices to a meal.
Hope it clears soon.

I had this horrible cold roughly around 26/27 week mark and was signed off for two weeks. I hope ut clears soon. Have you had the flu jab? I found after that I cane down with the cold. Xx

I had this horrible cold roughly around 26/27 week mark and was signed off for two weeks. I hope ut clears soon. Have you had the flu jab? I found after that I cane down with the cold. Xx

Yes I had the flu jab before Christmas and have been fine until the past 2 weeks. It's mostly my sinuses now that are playing up, I have a constant blocked nose and have had to sleep in a recliner chair the past 2 nights. I've an appointment with my gp on Tuesday to see if there's anything he can give me or recommend. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back