childresn going to others for tea???

lisa&alex

Reaction score
one of the mums at school asked if charlotte could go round for tea next thursday.. and i hardly know this woman.. tbh.. im completly terrified of her going.. im overly paranoid i know but i dont know the woman... what do i do? i would usually ask my mum but shes on holiday for 2 weeks..

i actually dont want charlotte to go.. but it is her best friend at school... i feel like id wanna go over with her.. but i cant really do that can i lol...

You could always say that Charlotte is sometimes funny with new people and ask the mother if you could stay for a bit at the house, maybe have a coffee, that way you get to talk to the mother and see the house etc.

Yeah thats a good idea, go round with her for a bit suss the woman out so to speak :hug: :hug:

Only natural to think like that

I think it's normal first time round... but after a couple of times you kinda get used to it..

I know I felt really crappy the first time I let Tia go to a friends house of tea, but now I am much more open about it. And well it's a blessing when she goes to a friends house now... it's having friends over to OUR house I have an issue with... The kids get rowdy and noisy and you have to prepare two meals, and you can't really tell other peoples kids off.. and well I just don't like other peoples children :rotfl:

Let Charl go, cry your heart out, go back and pick her up, and let her tell you all about the great time she had and feel like a complete fool for feeling the way you did in the first place... :lol: Does that sound like I might have done that myself :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You can go and meet the mum first, I generally go and have a chat with the mum before I let Tia go over, mainly for practical reasons.. e.g where they live and times to pick up etc... Its unlikely that I will ever "know" the mother but its a way to meet her before hand... without sounding like and overly paranoid mother :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh no!!! I'm dreading the day Isaac wants to do this. I would worry do they smoke? do they leave hot drinks around? do they wash their hands before they eat? Do they have a clean kitchen? What food do they buy? cheap nasty value crap?

what a nightmare. I'd have to know the parents first I think and at least have been to their house once before.

I will probably feel different nearer the time :roll:

ooo I really feel for you, how horrible!!! :)

awww but at 1 they are still your baby... even at 4/5 they are still your little baby...

by the time they reach 8 you start counting off the years till you can legally kick them out the house and make them live on their own... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
awww but at 1 they are still your baby... even at 4/5 they are still your little baby...

by the time they reach 8 you start counting off the years till you can legally kick them out the house and make them live on their own... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Do what i did the first time harrison asked to go to a friends house.
I was petrified because i didn't know the woman and he wanted to go, also ive never let him go with anyone else but family and a few close friends. so i asked if his friend wanted to come and play and have tea at our house instead.
Then when his mum picked him up i sussed her out xxx

well... it was last night..

i jsut decided as she really really wanted to go (even though she is ill *perfect excuse*- stinking cold - infact im writting this at 3.30 coz shes just been sick) i let her go...

i decided that i would just ring the mum and express my concerns.. as in im a paranoid mum and never done this before.. she has never been with a 'stranger' so to speak and what with being hormonal i would jsut like to know where she is.. jsut to put my mind at ease...

she was great about it.. gave me her address and said to come and pick her up around 6ish, and if i wanted to ring when they got back from school i was welcome to.. which i said i think i will be ok.. but here is my number just incase..(i didnt ring) i also saw her that morning at school and gave her clothes for charl.. and just finalised the details.. she was lovely about it fair play...

so charlotte had a great time.. but has been really ill since getting back..nevermind.. prob have the day off school tmro lol..

Glad everything went ok and you managed to not even call... well done!
Now remember its your turn to have the house full of kids next time....lol, Good Luck xxx

aww i'm glad you let her go, its tough the 1st few times they are asked for tea somewhere, Josh has just turned 6 & has been to 3 friends houses for tea, 2 of the mums i didn't really know or know where they lived, he loved it though & had a whale of a time.

as they get older its a worry again, Georgia is 11 & wants to go to a sleepover at a girls house who is a bit...well...rough round the edges, bless her.
i'm thinking does her mum let her go out at night (Georgia doesn't) will she let them watch horror movies & will she watch them properly? iots really hard. :wall:

i hated it when beth started school and she got invites round other peoples houses. Most of the mums have been fab about my paranoia :D but a couple were well ropey. A women up the road from me asked beth to go round theirs for tea, so i said fine (she is literally only a few doors up from me) Then when my hubby pulled up from work he came in to ask why beth was out playing in the street! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was mortified!! Beth was only 5 and i would NEVER let her out to play on her own! Just because there were 2 of them ,they could hardly protect themselves if a pervert came along, let alone if she had ran into the road. :x

I had to go round and pick her up straight away. I was quite flustered but ididnt say anything :oops: Just didnt let her go round again.

The she went to another girls the other night, and came back stinking of FAGS!!! i knew the mum smoked, but she told me she smoked outside. Theres no way that smell came from someone smoking outside. Then they came in when they dropped her off, and her daughter was running around my house climbing on furniture, stamping mud on my carpet and chasing my cats :x Needless to say, i wont be asking her daughter round here for tea :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back