Child Trust Fund Voucher - who have you invested with?

OverTheMoon

Reaction score
I have been looking into how best to invest our £250 voucher from the government. I have sort of decided that I want to put it into a stakeholder account as I understand that although they invest the money into stocks and shares, once the child reaches 13 years of age they move the money into lower risk stocks & shares so that the chances of losing money are minimised.
However, there are so many to choose from, just wondered if anyone would mind telling me who you went with and why (what were the advantages of choosing that one over another).
Cheers ladies xxx

I think I am going to go with a Savings Account in the Nationwide. Me and OH bank there so it's easiest. I am thinking about the shares options but I don't know enough about it to take the risk I don't think. Not sure I'm brave enough even though it could make her more money than a Savings Account would!!! Decisions Decisions!!!
I'm going to have a chat with someone in Nationwide when I open it anyway so maybe they will be able to shed some light!! :shock:

I know what you mean, I thought about just opening a savings account with our bank too just for ease. I know absolutely nothing about stocks and shares and it all does sound a bit scary but as far as I understand it, for the last five years of investment, the type of company they invest in is less and less risky so that you are highly likely to make money rather than lose it in the long term. The Inland Revenue also reckon that the month by month costs of investing in a savings account is higher than that of a stakeholder account. But then of course the sum is guaranteed when your child reaches 18.
See what I mean I am soooo confused! I think i might just close my eyes and stick a pin in the list of companies!!!
Thanks for your reply :D

i ahve put hannahs in asda did it over the net it was soooo easy and you get a £30 asda gift voucher when you join.

i went with the nationwide child cash trust fund which basically just a bank account - i didnt want to risk his money and at leasyt i know i will get back what has been paid in.

where do you get the £250 voucher from?

it shoudl get sent to you automatically once the birth has been resistered

I want his money to be save so im definitely going with a savings account, i know absolutely nothing about stocks and shares etc ! Just not sure who to go with, prob Abbey National as thats who im with although i was thinking about the asda one as you get a £30 gift voucer for George clothing! :D

I'm investing Damien's at Yourkshire bank in a savings as it has a very high interest rate. But I'm going ot open a seperate savings for us to pay into/birthday money/etc so that there is less risk for it.

We have out Amy's in Natwest and we will be putting Jack's through them as well.

Both me and Andy bank there and Amy has her own bank account with them.

Just simpler all round.

Thank you all. I must say I like the idea of getting the voucher from George at Asda, they do some quite nice stuff in there! :wink: Why are clothes always a temptation, even when you are desperately trying to regain your post-preg figure haha :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back