Child benefit

SpinSugar

Reaction score
Is everyone entitled to this? Do I need to apply or is it automatic with my mat pay?

Xx

Not everyone is entitled, not sure of the cut off but over a certain amount you won't receive it, the form is in the bounty pack if I remember rightly!
Xxx

I think child benefit is only restricted if one of you earns over £50,000 (not combined, just one of you). You will have to apply, and they won't back date it very far if you apply late x

That's right and it doesn't apply to the year you are on mat leave.

They will backdate for upto 3 months if if you dont apply straight away but no further. Its paid from babys birth date unless your more than 3 months late applying You can also download the form from HMRC website

You will get a form in your bounty pack from the hospital when you have your baby. It's restricted if one of you earn over 50k and you get nothing if one of you earns over 60k (individual not combined wage). They will backdate it 3 months max. X

Sorry that's what I meant. The 50k rule doesn't apply to when you're on reduced pay on mat leave. If that makes sense.

Sorry that's what I meant. The 50k rule doesn't apply to when you're on reduced pay on mat leave. If that makes sense.

I wish I wa still pregnant so I'd have an excuse for these numpty moments!

I've no danger of being anywhere near the 50k mark!
I just wondered if it was one of those benefits that working families are not entitled to so yay, good news!

Will wait till babys born to apply then!

Xx

It might be worth downloading the form as I never got the last bounty pack when I had lo so didn't get the form. I had it all written out as much as I could in an envelope ready for the last details & birth certificate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back