Chiking and gasping for breath..

Jaxx01

Reaction score
**OBVS that was meant to say CHOKING in the title lol

hey all,

Stanley is having a struggle at the moment :(

Basically, when hes feeding and sometimes at other times he chokes and then struggles to catch his breath...he first did it when he was a day old, and has done it everyday since :(

It frightens the living daylights out of me, and him as he often gets in a state afterwards..

The thing is I have twice taken him to the doctors about it and because they dont see him doing it, they dismiss it as 'oh thats normal'

Quite frankly, its not normal :( and I hate being passed off as just a paranoid mum..

Anyone elses babies had this?? xx

Last edited:
Omg Phoebe does it too, most days but not on every bottle. My HV told me it was normal too. It's really distressing :( xx

He has done it twice at 5am in the morning, luckily I was awake both times to hear him :( its awful and no way can that be normal :( xx

Angel has done this too... I think its because she sometimes gulps her milk way too fast when she first starts sucking and shes starting coughing, spluttering and gasping a bit. I just sit her up quickly and pat her back a bit or ease the bottle away till she stops gulping too quickly. It frightens me too and the first few times she did I panicked but shes stopped doing it now. xx.

He doesnt just do it when hes feeding though :( he can do it at anytime :( it horrible bless them...I dont remember any of this with my first lol xx

Dunno how to explain this... but you know when you swallow just normally and sometimes it goes down the wrong way lol she sometimes does that when shes not feeding and it can cause the choking :s not sure hun, I know what you mean though its so horrible :( xx

Sounds distressing for you Jax - If it keeps happening, I would try and catch it on your phone as a video clip and then you have something to show docs - hope it stops x

DS used to do this and I was told that it was perfectly normal and it's how babies learn to breathe air and strengthen their lungs. It stopped after a month or so and he's been fine since x

G does it sometimes, I just pick him up and hold him upright for a moment. I don't think doctors can do anything about it hun, it's just what babies do sometimes.

Yep ours does this too. I think it is just one of those 'growing up' things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back