Chickenpox at 33 weeks pregnant

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Has anyone ever had chickenpox while pregnant? My 2 kids have had them over the past 3 weeks and now it's passed onto me. I never had them as a child, I had injections about 2 weeks ago for added protection because I was in contact with the virus. There doesn't seem to be much information online, midwives haven't gave a huge amount of information but they want to see me as soon as the spots have scabbed over.

Hoping for some happy ending experiences, thanks

Hi I called mw a month ago as it was going around my school. She didn't offer me any protection but said if I had it as a child I should be ok. I didn't catch it luckily but if you feel you have not received the information just call them and say you want more info. X

I would give your midwife a call, I'm
Sure everything is fine but I would call anyway.

I managed to get one who was lovely and really listened. Just to keep an eye out for infected spots, symptoms of pneumonia and if baby starts moving less to go in for monitoring. I'm happy with movements etc just I know there are risks involved when having the pox while pregnant. Thanks ladies x

Aw hun hope it clears up fast for u.

Im immune, had it when i was young. But my poor LB has woken up today covered in them!
Its not nice at all isit, spose to be even worse as an adult too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back