Chicken pox.

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by violet13, Oct 21, 2016.

1. violet13

violet13 Well-Known Member

My little one came out in chicken pox rash tonight started as two or three spots now there's almost 100 all over him. I know only to give calpol but what creams can I use to soothe the itching? Xxx

2. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

I put Calamine Lotion on my lo and gave him daily oat baths - filled some tights with oats and put them in the bath.

Hopefully your lo is not too poorly with it and gets over it quickly.

XX

3. violet13

Thanks Hun, hope your little one was okay? He's sleeping fine his temp is fine I am very tempted to have him in my bed to night xxx

4. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he was OK. Didn't get too poorly with it and wasn't too itchy thankfully.

We did end up in a&e one Sunday morning as he had a spot come up on his actual eyeball!! But it was fine .

XX

5. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

How old is your LO? DS1 got it at 2.5yrs and I gave him piraton to help the itching. DS2 got it at 7 weeks and I just used calamine lotion. Some people suggest bicarbonate soda in the bath. xx

6. violet13

Emily....on his eyeball?! Oh hell no I don't do eye touching n stuff ew. Glad he's okay though. Becky he's 13 months poor bugger a few more have appeared but I know it can take 72 hours from first few to show xxx

7. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

From 12mths they can have piriton, it really helped, he's only got a couple of marks where bad ones were now (and that wasn't from scratching just really bad pox). Hope he gets through it ok xxx

8. violet13

We've been to walk in centre it's delayed mmr rash!!! Yay not chicken pox but ugh it's completely faded now xxx

9. fingers-crossed

delayed mmr rash? whats that?

10. violet13

Apparently they can get the rash off the mmr injections but this didn't show till yesterday and then had faded completely xxx