Chicken pox!!

KeelyT90

Reaction score
So yesterday, my 2 year old got sent home from nursery with spots. I took him to the GP and had it confirmed, chicken pox. Then our Dr was frantically looking through his draws saying "but ohhhh you're pregnant" next thing, he's pulled out a blood test bag and wrote in big letters URGENT CHICKEN POX CONTACT DIRING PREGNANCY"
I have to go to the labs this morning and make sure I'm immune, I think I'll be fine though as I had them when I was a child. Better to be safe than sorry though.

Careful to those who haven't had it, there seems to be a big outbreak in our area. Xx

Have you not have chicken pox yourself??

If you have then no idea why your dr was stressing so much cos ull be immune!

My LB had them back in march when i was 33weeks. All is fine as i had them myself when i was 3 xx

Aw sorry just re read the last bit lol!! Phew ur immune lol xx

As you had it when a child you will almost certainly be immune and most doctors wouldn't bother testing for that immunity. My daughter had chickenpox a few weeks ago (this is the time of year it always circulates) and my MW wasn't remotely concerned. My OH didn't have it as a child though so he went down with it 2 weeks later and it is proper nasty in adults! If people haven't had it there is a vaccine, but I don't think they like to give it once you are pregnant.

Hope your LO isn't too itchy. Lots of oat baths helped ours. x

Last edited:
He's not that itchy thankfully but I feel sorry for him, most of the spots are in his nappy region.
I've been giving him piriton for it though so must be helping with the itch.

Yes I have no concerns I didn't even want to go to have the test but dr insisted just to be extra careful.
Can't grumble, least he's showing his concerns to his patients I suppose x

How do medical professionals class 'immune' these days? I only ask as my sister had chicken pox 3 times when she was younger x

My sister had it twice. Apparently although it is rare a few people dont develop proper immunity despite having the disease or the vacine already.

If you've had a bad enough case of it your body produces a certain antibody to fight the virus..... I'm guess once the bloods in the labs then that's what they'll test....
My partner has had it twice in childhood, I had it once but it was quite bad, I had them in my mouth and everything x

Yeah that makes sense really lol. I had them when I was 14 it was awful :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back