Chicken pox

TORino

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of this?

T has had a spot on her forehead for a few days now. And there is one on her leg too that appeared the other day.

Now I just looked at her and she has another 2 spots on her face and some behind her ears on her neck.

She has been otherwise her normal self, no temp etc

How long do the spots take to come up? Could it be chicken pox? I don't really know what chicken pox looks like other than google pics and they all seem to look different!

She hasn't been in contact with anyone that I know has it. We've been away for 2 weeks anyways in Greece so it would have come from there no doubt.

Can I take her to the GP? What is the procedure for suspected chickenpox?

My son had a spot on his hand but i didnt think much about it. The next day more appeared on his forehead and behind his ears. They blistered by the end of the day and more apeared in other places.
I phoned up our gp and said i suspected cp, they saw us, confirmed it and prescribed calamine aqueous cream.
He didnt have any other symptoms apart from being more whiney the day before the rash

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Thanks for this.

Did he get many spots in the end?

This is the one on her leg. Sorry not great pic. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373313738.826224.jpg

The one on her head is a bit raised and looks redder rather than disappearing.

He didnt get too many but most were on his forehead/head and lower tummy.
Looks like maybe the beginning but not proper cp. Maybe take her to gp? Its easier to tell in rl

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Jack has these popping up! Everyone keep telling me its just the heat. They don't bother him and he's been happy as normal but he did have one on his arm that looked like a proper teenage hormonal spot! Xxx

Have no idea mrs but just sending a big hug to Tilly chips anyway in case it is!!!

Thanks ladies. A trip to docs has confirmed it is chicken pox ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373359094.146297.jpg

It seems to be a mild case fx so far. I hope it goes soon.

:(

Hope she doesn't get them too bad. T had them at 4.5months and he had them for 10 days (until the last one scabbed over). Obviously lots of calomine but most importantly no bath or wash for 10 days other than top and tail as you can spread them internally then it gets really nasty. Xx

Aww poor T , hope shes not suffering too much. X

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Poor thing, if you can get something called PoxClin it's brilliant, heard about it from a friend and apparently it helps more than calamine x

Thanks ladies.

She seems ok generally. Well she perhaps has a shorter fuse than normal but is her chirpy self for the most part.

I have counted 8 spots. 3 on her face, 3 on her neck and 2 on her leg and this is over a week almost now.

I'm thinking if this is it then we have escaped lightly! She doesn't appear to be itching at them either so that's good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back