Chicken Pox at 4 Months

babybee

Reaction score
A little girl (family friend) who was playing with my 4 month old broke out in chicken pox last night. I'm keeping my lo quarantined for 2 weeks in case she develops it.

Is 4 months dangerously young for chicken pox?
I'm worried as I was hospitalized for it at 4 years old as it spread to my lungs but I had eczema which caused that complication where as lo doesn't.
What makes it worse is that my hubby has never had it so he'll be likely to get it too.
Don't know if I can cope with 2 babies with chicken pox!

I think it's under 12 weeks where it's quite serious, after that I think it's just like any child getting them. Not sure bout hubby though, can be nasty as an adult but if he's lasted this long never having them he may just be a carrier and never actually develop the pox

Thanks for that Toni, it's reassured me.

Xxx

If anything it's easier for them to have it when they're young, you can cover them up with long sleeve vests and sleep suits, so they can't scratch!

Thanks Titch, I was just worried that at 4 months she wouldn't be strong enough but if the risk is when they're new borns, I'm not worried!xxx

I had my baby's 16 week jabs today and spoke to the nurse today about whether nhs do chicken pox vaccine for hubby not baby.
The nurse said the chicken pox vaccine is covered in the mmr?! This is a load of rubbish isn't it?

Its not covered in MMR, i am planning to get it for my second son if he doesnt catch it now. You can give it from 1 but you will have to pay

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

It is part of the vaccination in the US though

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I didn't think so. I know it's covered in US and Canada. I don't mind paying if it means hubby not getting it or my daughter not going through what I did (it spread to my lungs!)
Thanks for replying!xxx

Toby had chicken pox at 4.5 months and coped very well with it considering. He now has no massive scars left and was just poorly for 10 days, it took 10 days for them to come out after his exposure (was caught from a plane flight). The Drs monitored his chest etc but he's absolutely fine and had no lasting effects.
Xx

Thanks Firstbabyeek, that's reassuring! I'm glad your lo was ok! Xxx

Have you been breastfeeding? Reason I ask is that seren got the pox a couple of months ago and Bethan didn't get catch it. I can only assume the reason what is that she was breastfed (although by that point she was on formula)

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

I am breastfeeding, so hopefully that holds true for my lo! Thank you :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27