Chicken pox advice pleeeease :)

Hunnie

Reaction score
OH brought his LO home on Saturday night and told me once I had got home that he had/has chicken pox. By this point LO and my LO had already shared a bath together.

My LO broke out in a red rash on Sunday morning (rash disappears under a tumbler) and still has the same rash this morning, mainly on her arms, legs and trunk and back of neck. She's not got a temp and is perfectly well in herself. She's so far not had chicken pox.

Do you think it could just be a heat rash?? Or potentially the start of chicken pox? I've not changed anything or given her anything different to cause the rash so the only two factors are being round OHs LO or the heat.

My sons rash has started around his face/neck/behind ears. He is fine in himself, no temp but rash has spread.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Has he definitely got chicken pox knopk or is it just a rash?? X

It might be too soon for CP to come out, I may be wrong but I was under the impression the spots come out two weeks after contamination. But if it is then be glad, the younger they get them the better it is for them, get it out the way. In America they have "chicken pox parties" as parents want kids to get it over and done with haha x

Chicken pox has an incubation period of 10 to 14 days, so I would say it's unlikely that your LO has caught it already.

My son definitely has it but they keep appearing . Did the other LO see your LO before the weekend?

My son definitely has it but they keep appearing . Did the other LO see your LO before the weekend?

Nope we've not seen him since the weekend of 26th may. I've rung my work and they're double checking but pretty sure I can still go in (work with poorly children) so at least that's a relief. I think I'll just keep an eye on her.

Unlikely to be chicken pox, takes a few weeks for them to come out after being in contact with them x

chicken pox has an incubation period, so its extreley unlikely that this rash is chicken pox as it wouldnt show that quickly, and once the spots come out the contagious stage has passed (normally anyway) so did/does your oh's lo have spots/scans when they visited? if so I would be ALOT less worried. There really isn't alot u can do now as lo has already been exposed (stupid oh lol!) just keep an eye on your lo, you'll know if there's something not quite right

Just been to the docs, incubayion period is 10 -14 days, they are contagious 5 days from the appearance of the first spot.

chicken pox has an incubation period, so its extreley unlikely that this rash is chicken pox as it wouldnt show that quickly, and once the spots come out the contagious stage has passed (normally anyway) so did/does your oh's lo have spots/scans when they visited? if so I would be ALOT less worried. There really isn't alot u can do now as lo has already been exposed (stupid oh lol!) just keep an eye on your lo, you'll know if there's something not quite right

Yep he was covered in sores and they were all scabbed over. The rash is still as red on LO as it was but its obviously not bothering her too much as she isn't scratching? I think ill take her to the doctors tomorrow if it doesn't clear up or start looking better.

I was so angry with OH on Saturday night! More so because if I couldn't go to work! I'd kind of prefer LO to get chicken pox sooner rather than later tbh without wanting to sound like a bad mum lol x

Yep he was covered in sores and they were all scabbed over. The rash is still as red on LO as it was but its obviously not bothering her too much as she isn't scratching? I think ill take her to the doctors tomorrow if it doesn't clear up or start looking better.

I was so angry with OH on Saturday night! More so because if I couldn't go to work! I'd kind of prefer LO to get chicken pox sooner rather than later tbh without wanting to sound like a bad mum lol x

I'd be furious 2, half bcos if I was in your shoes and unknowingly passed it onto an already sick kid I'd be devastated!

and obviously half cos he didnt think about your lo...my oh wouldn't have this forethought either, but he could have phoned to check it would be ok

I was told by my gp that its contagious until every last spot has crusted over x

I was told by my gp that its contagious until every last spot has crusted over x

I was told the opposite by my gp! wish the nhs would make up thier minds on stuff like this
no harm in being cautious tho I guess

Chicken pox shows up as individually filled blister like spots! They literally pop up in front of your eyes it seems. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back