Chest infection

caseysmummy11

Reaction score
2 weeks on Monday I took lily to the gp as she had high temp and smelly breath the Dr said she had a chest infection and prescribed her amoxicilin? She's been taking the medicine beautifully and seemed to be a lot better still very clingy to me but had no high temp since and her breathing quietened down. Then yesterday after her first nap she seemed a little off colour and throughout the day she got worse and around 6pm I gave her some calpol as her temp went up she went to bed okay then at 2am woke with a really high temp and her chest is rattly again. She's still got 2 days of antibiotics left. So my question is do i take her back to the gp before the weekend or wait til Monday and see if the antibiotics make a difference as my mum always says the last dose is the most important. She's still eating and drinking. Thanks for reading xxx

Go to the Gp. If you are worried at all just go :) I'd rather go and be told all is fine than not go at all.

I'd always go back with an unusually high temp spiking back up.
https://www.nct.org.uk/parenting/what-do-if-your-child-has-temperature
38 before 3 months, 39 under 6 months and 40 from 6m+ when you have to contact again for medical advice. You could do ring the docs and tell them the temp and reaction you had an explain the situation a little bit as you've already been seen recently so he/she can give advise over the phone or ask you to come in again. I've stopped this anti biotic once before the end of the prescription as it made me go bonkers and more ill to begin with, but I was only allowed to stop after speaking to the GP x

I've booked her in especially with it being the weekend. My gut was telling me too but I second guess myself as I'm quite over anxious with her at times. My son started with recurring tonsillitis at this age but never suffered with his chest and usually by day 3 of antibiotics he was fine in himself like lily had been but wasn't sure if a chest infection took longer with antibiotics xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back