Chemotherapy injection for ectopic...

bute69

Reaction score
Had bloods taken and another internal scan this morning. Pregnancy hormone levels have gone up since Tuesday and they're pretty sure it's ectopic. Growing on the outside of the uterus. Have to go for another internal tomorrow and they'll then decide what to do. If it's ectopic they want to inject me with chemotherapy so the sack reabsorbs into my body. Has anyone had this done before??

hi Hun sorry you are going through this,i was given a choice of the injection,operation or waiting and see if my body would sort it out.i decided to wait as didn't like the idea of the injection,but even with close monitoring i ruptured and had to be rushed to hospital and lost my tube.i have heard of lots of ladies that have had jab,but you have to do whats best for you.xx

I had this last year. My hcg was rising slowly and they couldn't find where the baby was growing. It worked as in i didn't end up having surgery, but it was a tense week waiting for it to work, had a blood test every 2 days and the level kept rising for a week, on the last day they kept me nil by mouth in the morning to go for the laparoscopy and at the final moment, the level plummeted - phew!

Its a gamble as some people end up having surgery too. The drug itself isnt nice and I was told i couldn't ttc for 3 months afterwards. I had a very low immune system for 6 months afterwards, literally got every bug going (I usually don't get colds etc). My skin shed like a snake too the day after the injection. No hair fell out or anything which i was worried about.

I'm glad i had it in the end as i didn't want surgery or to lose any vital bits, but its not a quick fix.

Good luck, its such a bloody awful time. So sorry you;re having to make this decision.

Thanks both. flisstebs, my case is very similar to yours. Have pm'd you, as have asked you a few questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back