Chemical pregnancy fears

Rachel444

Reaction score
Hi. Wonder if I can have some advice please!

I’m currently 4 weeks - AF was due today and hasn’t made an appearance yet! But I’m really worried about chemical pregnancy. I didn’t know it was a thing until I read up about it!

I’ve uploaded a picture of my tests - lines are getting darker currently. Bottom one was taken today.

When are you over the risk of chemical pregnancy? I’m obsessed with testing incase the line disappears!!

Thanks in advance

24507FC2-7B1B-4541-9383-7C27742F020B.jpeg

I’m confused why you think you are going to have a chemical pregnancy?
Your tests are getting darker and your period hasn’t shown so there are no signs of a chemical?

I’m confused why you think you are going to have a chemical pregnancy?
Your tests are getting darker and your period hasn’t shown so there are no signs of a chemical?
Purely because i know nothing about it! I’ve read things about tests getting lighter after period was due - so I’m just paranoid and was looking for advice as to when your over the risk.

With a chemical you usually don’t get very dark lines at all, usually only get faint lines for a few days then it’s over, I’ve had one and I had faint lines for 4 days, then started bleeding, when I say faint they were nowhere near that dark! You haven’t got a chemical going on hun you’ve got really dark lines x

With a chemical you usually don’t get very dark lines at all, usually only get faint lines for a few days then it’s over, I’ve had one and I had faint lines for 4 days, then started bleeding, when I say faint they were nowhere near that dark! You haven’t got a chemical going on hun you’ve got really dark lines x
Thank you for your advice - I worry about everything so much so I think I just needed some reassurance! Appreciate it xx thank u xx

With my chemical my line only got about as dark as your first line and that was it. It stayed like that for a couple of days then got lighter then af came! They are very nice dark lines so I think it’s a definite BFP!!! X

I have some advice for you on very early pregnancy... after I had a mc at 6 weeks last year then got pregnant 2 cycles later (currently 39+2) I was so anxious. I googled everything and found out about lots of problems such as chemical pregnancies etc which then put worry in my head. I also got completely obsessed with pregnancy test sticks... especially using the digital weeks by clear blue. I had the cramping at 5 weeks and because I had that and my tests hadn't moved on from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks I had a complete meltdown. Turned out absolutely fine but I wouldn't look into how dark the lines are too much and I would stop using tests now.

Basically my advice for the first trimester is to stay off Google, step away from test kits and relax.

I know it's easier said than done but honestly I whipped myself up into such a frenzy with this pregnancy I nearly made myself ill

I have some advice for you on very early pregnancy... after I had a mc at 6 weeks last year then got pregnant 2 cycles later (currently 39+2) I was so anxious. I googled everything and found out about lots of problems such as chemical pregnancies etc which then put worry in my head. I also got completely obsessed with pregnancy test sticks... especially using the digital weeks by clear blue. I had the cramping at 5 weeks and because I had that and my tests hadn't moved on from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks I had a complete meltdown. Turned out absolutely fine but I wouldn't look into how dark the lines are too much and I would stop using tests now.

Basically my advice for the first trimester is to stay off Google, step away from test kits and relax.

I know it's easier said than done but honestly I whipped myself up into such a frenzy with this pregnancy I nearly made myself ill
This is great advice. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back