cheese

melhoney

Reaction score
just wanted to confirm one thing...
I know that unpasteurised cheese is not safe but what about spread cheese like philadelphia cheese? I have been having this a lot but don't know why, today, I wondered if it was safe, and I am really confused when I read info on cheese!!! and cheddar?
Please, help a French girl! (cheese is like chocolate for me!!!!!!!! you can imagine how much I am suffering! :D )

Thanks
mel xx

Hi Mel

I think spreads and cottage cheese are fine, it's just all the soft (oh dear, and predominently French) cheeses like brie which are out.

Not too long now!

Louise

you can eat all the normal cheese like dairylea and philadelphia. Its the wierd ones that you can't have like the smelly nasty ones :lol:

I think its really unfair when they tell you that you can't have soft cheese, because it is a bit misleading. They should say that you can't have the stinky cheeses. :)

hi,
my midwife told me last week that it was okay to eat most english bries as they usually had been pasteurised (unlike proper french versions).
i cheerfully went out and bought some cornish brie from marks and spencer (after checking the label, it had been pasteurised). very mild and not stinky at all but still delicious after a 4 month brie famine.

thanks ever sooooooooooo much!!!
I had actually been on babycentre.co.uk, but still got confusing messages from other sources, so was not sure!
I'll probably go and buy some brie this weekend, as a "halloween treat" :D :D :D

Have a nice week!
Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back