Cheese question

madsticks

Reaction score
Hi ladies, bit of an odd one.

I'm wondering how strict you all are with cheeses during pregnancy.

Some friends and I sometimes get together and have a 'cheese afternoon' with a selection of different cheeses and bits to go with.

We're meant to have one at mine in the next couple of weeks and that's still too soon for me to be announcing my pregnancy to them.

It's going to be pretty obvious as I'm usually the one allowing myself another slice of brie or something blue.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Is it all soft and blue cheeses, or just some?
just ones from a cheese deli or butchers, or will the ones from the supermarket be safer?

It's bad enough I'm off most food at the moment anyway, so I'll be really gutted to be at a table with things I love and have to turn it down :(

You could declare it a cheese on toast party - most are fine when cooked through properly and melted!

Thank you keely.

YorksLass...I do love cheese on toast!

You could do a themed cheese event with lots of variations of cheddar only! X

Baked camembert with caramelized onion chutney and dipping bread :)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Oh dear god... now that's all I want o.o

Change up the theme to all flavoured cheeses or regional. Like others suggest bake the mould ripened cheese. It depends how tuned in your friends are to what you are not eating. 16 years ago peanuts weren't allowed in pregnancy and we went to a family occasion with a set meal and my sister avoided the snickers inspired cheesecake. I guessed she was pregnant straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back