Cheese panic!!

Laura07

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm off to pizza express for dinner with the girls tomorrow is the cheese they use ok for pregnancy or is there any I should run a mile from so confused!! I love cheese!!!

It'll be fine. You just can't have unpasteurised soft cheese or cheese with the mouldy bits in etc x

Thank you it can get confusing!! Xx

Ooh I've just been! I had the Soho came with lots of buffalo mozzarella which is safe, beautiful!!

Yes just make sure they don't add the Gran Milano or any goats cheese and you will be fine. I went a few months ago and just made sure that when I was there I asked for the mozzarella only to put on.

Thanks for all the advice ladies I had a very good evening with the girls and didn't need to worry thanks to your advice xx

As far as I have read and know its ok so long as its no a blue or mouldy cheese and anyhow pizza cheese barely qualifies as a cheese so you will be fine unless your hormones have decided you don't like cheese any more! LOL

I think you can have any cheese as long as it's cooked. So you couldn't have Stilton but you could have broccoli and Stilton soup... I ate loads of goats cheese when I was pregnant - I just ate it cooked (goats cheese on pizza is lush!)

I think it also depends on the process it was made not just if its cooked.

Unpastuerised shouldnt be eaten even if cooked.

I think it also depends on the process it was made not just if its cooked.

Unpastuerised shouldnt be eaten even if cooked.

The NHS advice is that soft cheese is fine if cooked throughly & most soft cheeses are made with unpasteurised milk, so I think as long as you trust the cooking process (doing it yourself is a good idea) even most unpasteurised cheeses are fine cooked - listeria is very sensitive to heat I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back