Cheerleading hen party at 10wks preg?

timtam78

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm only just almost 5 wks pregnant, but I've just found out the activity for a hen doo I am going on at the end of August - its Cheerleading!

I'm not exactly sure what's involved but I guess it's a load of aerobic like jumping around and stuff.

Would this be safe to do at 10wks pregnant?? (I lost a bub at 11wks last year, so obviously a bit concerned)

I have to pay for this in a couple of weeks and no idea whether I should do it or not?

xx

Last edited:
Contact the company that arranges it and see what they say hun?

I missed a hen party for similar reasons but it was in an adult play park.

I was 3 weeks pregnant in the Dominican Republic and went zip lining, dune buggying and out for the day in a very bumpy safari vehicle lol. I wouldnt have done them if I had known I was pregnant xx

If you dont feel confident doing them, then dont hun...xx

I never understand why people want to be so bloody active on hen nights and weekends lol we just ate pizza and has a waiter strip for us lol

I think it would depend on how energetic you usually are I'd ring and ask but tell them its confidential and I think I'd prob avoid just to be on safe side x

Midwives usually say that you can carry on doing anything that you would normally do. Obviously you don't normally do cheerleading, but if you're normally pretty active and stuff, then you should be okay.

Personally I'd give it a miss because I'm not an active person, so it would be out of my comfort zone anyway. Also, if something terrible were to happen, I'd always wonder if it was because of that.

However, I might feel safer if the ladies I was out with knew I was pregnant.

Lots of pros and cons. My advice would be to go with what ever makes you feel comfortable.

thanks guys, I don't know any of the people on the hen do apart from the bride. I think it would sound weird me asking for the details of the place so I can ring, and not tell them why. I might have to just tell the organiser I'm pregnant and then ask the cheerleading place what they say. Just don't really want to tell them so soon, but don't want to pay for it if I can't do it. Although I don't think it's that expensive.

Right now I'm thinking what you just said Juice... that if anything happened I would always wonder if that had anything to do with it. I do yoga regularly (advised not to in first tri) but i don't normally do aerobic type exercise.

Might ask the doc when I go to get my midwife referral.

Last edited:
Timtam, I didn't realize u was pregnant again. Massive congratulations Hun!! Fx for an extra sticky bean xx

Sorry to tri hop but I've been here! But I was the poor bugger that organised the cheerleading class for the hen.
The company, chilli sauce, stated on their T&C that you couldn't participate while Pg. But it wasn't high impact at all!

Luckily the hen do was a week after my scan so I could sit out legitimately but I still paid for and pretended I could do it right up to the day. I just watched, joined in the bits I could and cheered from the side!

There was another girl that sat out as she had hurt her ankle the day before. You could always just go along with it then come up with a last min excuse so you could just watch?

Xx

ah thanks brand new, yeh still early days yet and gonna do a digi in morning to see if I get my 3+

Spinsugar, thanks for replying! That was really useful.

I was thinking as I don't really know these people and probably likely not to see them again I guess it doesn't matter if I tell them I'm pregnant. The only person would be the bride really, but I guess that doesn't matter either. So thinking about it I might just be honest with them. If the cheerleading place have the same tc's and c's I might ask the bride if she wants to ask someone else in my place as I am gonna be a bit boring not drinking and not taking part in the activity either. don't want to let her down though. hmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back