Cheeky bitch

Geekachublog

Reaction score
I feel like a right cheeky bitch today...

I went out with my mum this morning for a coffee, whilst out she bought me some new trainers and a new dress, then her and my dad have lent us money towards our pram so that we could get it today. They've also given us the money for our nursery furniture.

Whilst sitting at home, I've just realised that we have no cash for a deposit on a moving van (we move house tomorrow), so I've just had to ask my parents to lend us the deposit money... I feel so bloody awful. I think I need to do something to say thank you, something that won't cost the earth... Any ideas?

:)

I feel like a right cheeky bitch today...

I went out with my mum this morning for a coffee, whilst out she bought me some new trainers and a new dress, then her and my dad have lent us money towards our pram so that we could get it today. They've also given us the money for our nursery furniture.

Whilst sitting at home, I've just realised that we have no cash for a deposit on a moving van (we move house tomorrow), so I've just had to ask my parents to lend us the deposit money... I feel so bloody awful. I think I need to do something to say thank you, something that won't cost the earth... Any ideas?

:)

Why don't you get them a really nice food hamper or something? :) I'm sure they don't mind helping you out after all you are their daughter and you are carrying their grandchild. :) xxx

Laura is right! If they are as supportive they wouldnt mind darling! I had to borrow cash off my dad for deposit for rent. My mum painted our whole house so treated her to a meal out. And shes even told me off for buying everything like cot, pram for baby because she hasnt bought anything. Im not allowed to go shoppong now! She says its for her to do. Bless her! Thats what our parents are here for!!
I know it coildnt be helped but i felt awful cuz i had to go to hospital to check baby out on her birthday, so the meal was a huge thankyou and happy birthday. Xxx

Something small and sweet I'm sure they'll appreciate it no matter what the cost. It is the thought that counts, not how much you spend. :)

At least they know you're thinking of them. Xxx

Well, my mum called me not too long ago and I told her how grateful we are after everything they've done today and she said they don't mind, which puts my mind at ease. I'll probably think of something to do on payday next week :)

Your giving them the best gift at the end of your pregnancy! ♥xx

Last edited:
Very true, it's starting to feel real now and my mum is getting very excited :)

She'll appreciate everything you're doing without you having to spend a penny. :) xxx

They really are, they're amazing and I'm so lucky to have them.
We get massive amounts of help financially and otherwise from them and I don't know what I'd do without them, I can't wait for them to meet their grandchild :)

I got a beautiful personalised scan picture frame you could get one made and put a scan pic in for them with something cute on x I love my frame and so does everyone that sees it x you can pic colours etc x

Hi Geekachublog, your parents sound lovely - its nice to know that you have them there to support you, :) I love my mum very much and know that she is always there for me and its a nice feeling - hope that I can make my kids feel like this too in the future, :) Why don't you just get her a card and (like someone else suggested) make them a nice meal (nothing to expensive needed) - am sure they know how much you appreciate all their help, :) x

That's what parents are for! (not for cash I mean) but for unconditional love and support. I know (and I'm sure you know) that when our own children arrive you would give them the world if you thought it would help them. Your parents won't even think twice about it, it will just be natural for them. My mum and dad bought a tonne of stuff for my brother and his partner when they had there first baby, and she's trying to buy me and my hubby all sorts. We're in the lucky position that we have savings and earn enough money so we want to buy everything ourselves. Doesn't stop mum and dad wanting to help out though! x

section hoping but I got my mum 'nana rocks' baby grows before lo was born as a thank u (she's a bit of a punk rocker) from the look on her face when she opened them its the best present she's ever had! we also got mil a 'Nannys little helper' t shirt for lo, and again she had the biggest smile on her face!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back