Checking family history..

Alf88

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm new here and was wondering if anyone has been in the same position...
My SO and I are planning on TTC in January, but I'm concerned that I don't know anything about my dad's family history.
He was adopted and passed away not long after I was born. His adoptive parents have both now passed and I have no information or his adoption records.
Has anyone had tests to see if there is anything lurking around that could be passed on to a baby?

We don't know much about hubby's dad he left before hubby was born and my grandad was adopted so we don't low much there either. we told mw with both my son and this baby and she doesn't seem bothered. she's more concerned about the family history we do low about lol so as there is a history of blood clots on my family I'm consultant led hopefully going back to midwife led for the birth. Unless you think there is omething wrong with you I wouldn't concern myself too much x

I agree with Eryin, i think if you really dig you'll always find something and cause unnecessary worry. Unless there's something alarming in the very immediate family I would just relax and enjoy ttc :) xx

We don't know much about hubby's dad he left before hubby was born and my grandad was adopted so we don't low much there either. we told mw with both my son and this baby and she doesn't seem bothered. she's more concerned about the family history we do low about lol so as there is a history of blood clots on my family I'm consultant led hopefully going back to midwife led for the birth. Unless you think there is omething wrong with you I wouldn't concern myself too much x

I agree with Eryin, i think if you really dig you'll always find something and cause unnecessary worry. Unless there's something alarming in the very immediate family I would just relax and enjoy ttc :) xx

Thank you both! :) Good to know I shouldn't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back