Cheap strips

Peony1

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve never used ovulation tests before and I was thinking about buying some cheap ones from amazon (they have good reviews). Does anyone have any experience with these? Or is it better to pay more for the branded ones?
Also, I’ve read that you need to take the tests at 2pm...is that true? I’m always at work at that time so I can’t see how I could do it without anyone seeing me get the tests out before I go to the bathroom!!!
Thanks x

Hi Peony :) are you looking at the One Step tests? I've used them for ovulation and pregnancy tests and found them to be good! I'm absolutely no expert though so don't hold me to this.. But I read that the optimum time to take the OPKs is between 10am and 2pm. Cant remember the reasoning but if you take them at the same time each day I'm guessing you'll get a more reliable picture of what's happening. I did them daily for 2 months and tracked cm and then I could pinpoint roughly when I was ovulating :) some people get a darker line than the control and others only get faint lines...so it's different for everyone :) I'd get some tests and do 1 a day for a cycle - I stuck mine to a piece of paper like a bar chart haha! Good luck!! Xxx

Yeah, those are the ones! Maybe if that’s the case, then I can go and take the tests straight after lunch... just not very good at poas so I’ll have to practice that :lol:

The cheap strip tests aren't poas though, you need to pee into a clean container and use them as dip tests. I've found the ovulation ones to be really good, just remember that you will get a faint line throughout your whole cycle because you will always have LH in your system, but you get a surge when you are about to ovulate, at which point you get a good solid dark pink line. :)

Oh no, well I’m definitely not peeing in a cup at work! I’ve already ordered them though! Do you know if I could test at about 4.30pm with those strips?

Yep what Jetina said :) don't know about timings hun but I used to do mine at 9am everyday and could figure out where I ovulated. I'm assuming if it's same time everyday then OK? But not 100% on that xx

OH good to know because I just bought them today!!!:dance:

They do say to test around the same time everyday and not to drink too much a few hours before, as that will just dilute it all.

I think 4:30pm will be fine, so just stick to that time everyday.

I am currently doing this all now, but not having much luck, so am changing my approach :wall2:

They do say to test around the same time everyday and not to drink too much a few hours before, as that will just dilute it all.

I think 4:30pm will be fine, so just stick to that time everyday.

I am currently doing this all now, but not having much luck, so am changing my approach :wall2:
I will use them in the morning with the first wee...I do think the urine will be more concentrate at that time

Last edited:
Shouldn’t use FMU -

‘Instructions may vary slightly depending on which kit you use, but in general you should try to collect your wee between 10am and 8pm. The optimum time is supposed to fall between 2pm and 2.30pm.

Try to collect your wee at about the same time every day, though this is not absolutely necessary. Don’t test your wee as soon as you wake up, because you may miss the first day of your LH surge. Try to reduce the amount of liquids you drink for about four hours before you do the test. Too much liquid will dilute your wee, which could make it more difficult to detect the surge.’
From baby centre uk

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I use the one step ones and find them very good, I use them twice a day from around the middle of my cycle (sometimes more when it gets closer to my expected ovulation date)

I use the one step ones and find them very good, I use them twice a day from around the middle of my cycle (sometimes more when it gets closer to my expected ovulation date)

At what time are you using them? If I can ask

Usually about 10am, 2.30pm and lastly about 8pm. I only use them this often when I think I’m getting close to ovulation.

If I’m only using them twice a day I’ll do the first about 10am and the second at about 2.30pm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back